Preload summons command line argument

Currently some of us experience big FPS drop when Summon Skeletons/Statues are used for the first time. While it's not big problem if you play summoner yourself, it can result in RIP if you meet necromancer exile.

While looking through command line arguments I found --nopreload which made game load much faster but freeze whenever something new happened. Would it be possible to the opposite: --preloadsummons which would make loading slightly slower but preventing freezes when skeletons/statues are summoned?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
TBH game should check ram avaible on the machine it runs and preload everyhting in RAM. 8gb of ram are not uncommon this days and POE typically uses only 1.5gb
I'd love to have anything like that ironed out, summon skeletons or even the spark invader with lots of totems causes a big lag spike almost every time. Not all mobs, but when you enter an erea it could prove useful to have an option to preload effects for unique mobs in it.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
whenever I see the summoner exile I run away until she casts her vaal summon skellies. That shit laggs me out for a good second or two sometimes and I don't want to be in the middle of it when it happens
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Every 1st time in a zone when a totem is summoned by a party player or a mob(eg anemina or the spark totem courtyard boss) my client lags. This is clearly something that needs some optimization from the devs. People with high end machines might not experience this but regardless it should be taken in consideration.
WagWan
Last edited by Grigore on Aug 13, 2014, 5:15:15 AM
You can get around it. Each time you restart your client, go rek Ledge with vaal spark and vaal summon skellies in, cast them yourself, then go on your merry way. Takes about 1 minute.
sigfault
"
Asday wrote:
You can get around it. Each time you restart your client, go rek Ledge with vaal spark and vaal summon skellies in, cast them yourself, then go on your merry way. Takes about 1 minute.

While this might be indeed helpful, you can't do this with Summon Statues MTX (which is used by exile) unless you buy it.
For 1.2.0 I've been trying to update the preload list with more of the commonly used skills and sound effects. This generally comes at the cost of increasing memory usage and load times, but we've made some improvements there too (not preloading 2d inventory art for microtransactions or hideout decorations, for example).
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 13, 2014, 6:22:41 AM
Or set this dynamically?
more ram = load more stuff
less ram = load less stuff
and use a priority-list on what to load

Got 32gb ram, i could load most things in i think?

(i got 32gb because it's cheap and i use linux)
programming all day..
ign: wxcam
"
sthorn wrote:
Or set this dynamically?
more ram = load more stuff
less ram = load less stuff
and use a priority-list on what to load

Got 32gb ram, i could load most things in i think?

(i got 32gb because it's cheap and i use linux)

As long as POE is 32bit based there is no difference if you got 4GB Ram or more. In 32bit Windows your program crashes if you request more then 2GB. With some tricks you can get 3GB out of it. But I guess this could be some problems if you want to address more then 2GB on some machines without risk to crash older ones.

Ofc, the perfect solution would be to load all essential data on startup, then load all other data in a background thread until the maximum ram you are allowed to use is full.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info