Is empower worth the investment?

I currently use a mara build that functions around the gem sextet of Molten Strike/Multistrke/WED/Concentrated effect/Faster Attacks/BM. Also in the mix is the typical Immortal Call/Enduring Cry/CWDT combo, Enfeeble with CWDT, Molten strike/Iron Will/RM for some added defense triggered manually, and Punishment thrown in. To beef up defenses and attack I also run two auras, Grace and Anger - the latter because I use Avatar of Fire. I'm also looking to add in Tempest Shield/Iron Will/Blind once I settle on my final gear.

For gear everything basically revolves around a 6-link Lightning Coil, Three Dragons, plus Doryani's of Catalyst Invitation. Catalyst currently holds EC/IC/CWDT, but I'm looking to move those and put the Tempest Shield combo in the scepter, as I think it will most benefit from the mods on it.

My question (after all that!) is to ask how much benefit I could get by hooking up a level 3 Empower to the two auras? Grace is currently being held back to level 14 due to Dex. issues, Anger is maxed out to 20/23, and I'm looking to give them both a boost by replacing the Three Dragons with an an Alpha Howl, then tossing in Empower as well. That's an increase of five levels over max for Anger alone. I's a bit of an investment for the Empower, but if it's worth it I'll pay the price. I just wanted to run it past people here first to get an opinion on the matter.

Oh, and the other reason I'm looking to switch to AH is that it will allow me, via the mana reduction, to run the Tempest Shield combo I mentioned above.
1 observation that doesn't fully cover your question but might be worth taking into mind. According to wikipedia helms can't be corrupted to give +1 to gem lvls. Empower really likes that mod. since it effects both empower for +1 and the skill it is linked to for +1 more.
The gem would be worth more if the combo was in an item that could give +1 to gem lvls.

But I don't understand the need for iron will on tempest shield, since you are going to halve its dmg anyway through avatar of fire.
Also, while you do end up having solid + elemental dmg., are you sure anger, as a flat dmg. aura will be worth it? You are not going to have that many hits per sec or that much increased effect of auras.
"
timbo1959 wrote:
I currently use a mara build that functions around the gem sextet of Molten Strike/Multistrke/WED/Concentrated effect/Faster Attacks/BM. Also in the mix is the typical Immortal Call/Enduring Cry/CWDT combo, Enfeeble with CWDT, Molten strike/Iron Will/RM for some added defense triggered manually, and Punishment thrown in. To beef up defenses and attack I also run two auras, Grace and Anger - the latter because I use Avatar of Fire. I'm also looking to add in Tempest Shield/Iron Will/Blind once I settle on my final gear.

For gear everything basically revolves around a 6-link Lightning Coil, Three Dragons, plus Doryani's of Catalyst Invitation. Catalyst currently holds EC/IC/CWDT, but I'm looking to move those and put the Tempest Shield combo in the scepter, as I think it will most benefit from the mods on it.

My question (after all that!) is to ask how much benefit I could get by hooking up a level 3 Empower to the two auras? Grace is currently being held back to level 14 due to Dex. issues, Anger is maxed out to 20/23, and I'm looking to give them both a boost by replacing the Three Dragons with an an Alpha Howl, then tossing in Empower as well. That's an increase of five levels over max for Anger alone. I's a bit of an investment for the Empower, but if it's worth it I'll pay the price. I just wanted to run it past people here first to get an opinion on the matter.

Oh, and the other reason I'm looking to switch to AH is that it will allow me, via the mana reduction, to run the Tempest Shield combo I mentioned above.

90% more damage from 3 shock stacks via three dragons vs the extra damage from anger by adding a few levels. I think three dragons wins.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info