3 Month Softcore League 7 Build Project.

As we know there are 7 different classes in path of exile and I thought I would embark on a journey to explore these 7 individuals throughout the expansion. Starting on August the 20th I will dedicate a specific day in the week for a specific class(like Monday: Scion, Tuesday:Shadow etc).This will ensure that during the week all classes are played and the schedule will then re-shuffle(or maybe keep the same schedule I haven't decided yet).

What I would like to ask my fellow exiles is if they can share any ideas for class builds that are really interesting and will be fun to play. I will be playing in the softcore league so the build need not be HC viable. I do have some ideas lined up but as we all are aware we will have to wait for the passive skill tree changes to take effect.

During this time I will be taking notes and posting my thoughts about how the build is going for each class for people to have a look.

I will have time constraints and as a result I wont be leveling them equally. Also RNG rules all(and may I be blessed) so every character will probably be at different points throughout the game.

Rules

1.) Characters will share my account Stash Tab. However no "OP" leveling skills (Searing Bond, Flameblast etc) are allowed unless the build itself uses that skill late game.

2.) No repeat skills/weapons (even if 2 of the builds are spell-casters for example I will be forced to go sceptre for one and wand for the other)

3.) Regarding skill gems from quest rewards, A character will only be allowed to take skill gems related to their specific build. If no skill gems are applicable, RNG will determine which skill gem to use. In this case the gem will be allowed to be used by the other classes if it is applicable.

4.) Each character has to get to level 70 before a re-roll can be decided on. This is to ensure that the build can actually be tested at higher level as some builds only kick in really late.

5.) The following builds are not allowed because of there popularity even though some are getting nerfed in 1.2 :
• Arc.
• Detonate Dead.
• Righteous Fire non spellcast version (this means that RF surgeon or similar builds can be played as long as the spell damage bonus is fully utilized).
• Summon raging Spirits.
• Elemental Busszaw.
• Summoner Builds (of any kind). I know SRS is technically a Summoner build but that skill deserves special mention.
• No Cast on Critical Strike. Any other Crit build is fine.

One thing to note is that I am in no way a "pro" player nor do i consider myself good at PoE. I just enjoy this game a lot. So don't be surprised if by the end of the league I don't have perfect or even near perfect gear.

If anyone has anything to add in feel free to leave a reply here, on the reddit post, or even by sending me a PM in game if I am online.

Last edited by Bakuraijin on Aug 14, 2014, 4:55:57 PM
Reserved for character 1 : Templar (NO Pants HYPUUU!!!)

Insert Epic build name here

Description:Physical based Crit Staff Build

Passive Skill Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAhMREcop0D1SpaBhdFE0Es6IA8B_Finy7kwfzcTrYRY6vc-w4vTnViylPGji3coV95CKnhBZAtQSQVWaeYwvAGvrSlwETcbyaFvlZ8x0UNunJZ16lQXKIOKyqj0YkquNq-4udiiftpwhbWRZvSi78S8T2GS64k9rdn7TtRNmibBY9Dzwt2WHr7liuuUM0MYcZffXGrqlzVw2a4Keltz45DtIhRZ3-Cmoens1TUti9qBinMDWS8i8UILXypKxQR6luvJ8YkXgN7w7oZicvP_zjnwixXz9_4zH7m1jkUQ==

Paste this into the offline skill tree calculator and not into a url.

Bandit rewards: Oak,Oak.Passive

Proposed Gear and Links

Weapons

Physical based staff with Crit. Hegemony's era is possible but not a required item.

Armour

Chest
Head
Gloves
Boots

Jewellery

Filler

Progress

Filler

Screenshots

Filler

Last edited by Bakuraijin on Aug 15, 2014, 1:26:53 PM
Reserved for Character 2 : Duelist (Oh man...)

Description: Max Block Dual wield with Wings of Entropy

Passive Skill Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAFFJHfr2BmSuE2WVNvqduaWNw7-NOKrZBNJNKfYd2Z6D8xd0NW68j9u4OVvpNko19cHLTfu96G60Dh_66fXUVICzpMZ6mV03j_o81krXybqpKyD8nKk0o29_v_grYvfJFOuHGrrc-hxlsFvxLJ-3E9jwtfNlyqayqGjinhJBVwBpZ8-NqNun60maeFm8kqtP8XLAJWNunwYsY2wJxBLMyiVfi7DiiABRN8B-paB3Ko4pTpQxfHKc67W20Ne-BQQgu7YMZjgBeKaXV-MS4VdZk5xcvgKRl8HVOpo0=

Bandit rewards:Oak,Oak,Oak/passive

Proposed Gear and Links

Weapons

Wings of entropy

Armour

Chest
Head
Gloves
Boots

Jewellery

Filler

Progress

Filler

Screenshots

Filler

Last edited by Bakuraijin on Aug 15, 2014, 1:31:09 PM
Reserved for Character 3 : Ranger

Description: Ice Shot Pierce crit based

Passive Skill Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree//AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe037ven117g7-ulb6o4r8xSP2-WNnoN0NTZKNfRXwveYZ_od2W68s6QX5Ps8bAUp9TirajRUgmyZRR_7IKaWr0iLiKk3o1jIBlQUlP0fiPyci6ud0shnZxtCBSsixMG1sz3oylKQ5bqq1CLVINj1_ArXycaEGI52qpuA1ko9PH0FirGyM_o_YvQMeTeP-Cha_ple3PvJFJpU64cauYeI8LVVLxPYn7fxLrKpsFnKphxl82VnzwBqQVaeEGjhBh_noMZ6ly2Hr

Bandit rewards:Oak,kraityn,all

Proposed Gear and Links

Weapons

Drillneck Quiver and decent Rare Harbinger

Armour

Chest
Head
Gloves
Boots

Jewellery

Filler

Progress

Filler

Screenshots

Filler

Last edited by Bakuraijin on Aug 14, 2014, 7:00:22 PM
Reserved for Character 4 : Marauder

Bakuraijin

Description: Lightning Strike Melee build

Passive Skill Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvqBhqHtIhns1XDacwzNvZYRQgi08ZLlBHJ-0YkfxLbBaHGZHOu-33MnKpfNkB5zboZKMaVWEhhO9eExvIQzG2QU4qKaV07XrvYEsFLUCgIWDBB9d-5cVfsRx4-_z1RmMXAwB-mjpSMn5brxjbFHWkwt0N_MVnoId2Sn2QClivRml4DalubEZybDIJVvpjp91GEYG18jWS2L3-CqyqWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4V-IyiXflBLMUTfAfogAOPJ_L

Bandit rewards:Oak,Oak,Oak/Passive

Proposed Gear and Links

Weapons

Filler

Armour

Chest
Head
Gloves
Boots

Jewellery

Filler

Progress

Filler

Screenshots

Filler

Last edited by Bakuraijin on Aug 14, 2014, 2:19:37 PM
Reserved for Character 5 : Scion

Description: Viper Strike DoT build using Bino's Kitchen knife

Passive Skill Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyi-vAOW9MZuPUUKYEM11oMJMZ5vnqZXykrxszrhTePDOktX8kX-j5u1ieDA4_4KNZJTNeZYyCPYvbXyD6uTHwWTbqqpbm1sSRNKyHgNbEY2PT8nC2FybOOEnaoqTXloMgnAnHaCYqxsjBUgwQSnNPb8tNEs6V8_RwbIDN0N45_Q0Fuv_MUnL1KvGNtOKmeg7w6tSrtNdPEppYd2vJ9n_N1fIWBKfaSsQKDyLwUtqBhgS2oeeu_SIXTtVw3M24tP2WEZLift_EtsFocZX5hZbc8yIuJH4tCBpDk=

Bandit rewards:Oak,All,All

Proposed Gear and Links

Weapons

Bino's Kitchen knife with shield in offhand

Armour

Chest
Head
Gloves
Boots

Jewellery

Filler

Progress

Filler

Screenshots

Filler

Last edited by Bakuraijin on Aug 15, 2014, 12:09:19 PM
Reserved for character 6 : Witch

Description: Some build

Passive Skill Tree

Waiting for new tree

Bandit rewards:

Proposed Gear and Links

Weapons

Filler

Armour

Chest
Head
Gloves
Boots

Jewellery

Filler

Progress

Filler

Screenshots

Filler

Last edited by Bakuraijin on Aug 13, 2014, 6:20:06 PM
Reserved for Character 7 : Shadow

DBZ Flicker Strike Build

Description: This is the build i am most excited to play in the Rampage league especially. This takes me back all the way to my first ever character in PoE. CI Claw Flicker strike build

Passive Skill Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNii2VHZsJL_kxa_sbPmge1By72mf7VIbWzz6pma53SlyyoL62PbGgzycFIRLxB7wuwrCr46tMUFtbb39Uvb5xX9jb9d8sEAX2qNgYo4UUfd5w5ISxxkr-dUPs8b9mNDEZaPwUX0JP295oO9f8bWB29X_975Y8HFJ6mio6OKLL_B8w_E7g5MYIaulSA7fFb6BLEV1y0fuMoUdZVmVmMdTxjbA4c1uVuvwYtwchutEVCnK04q26fTfm0ZFfa2QQlYJJ3ZW2J5NJNcsGJaGyUABmNw0_xLru_j6QK-p9-KbmmE2QEJuNndSA==

Bandit rewards: All,Oak,Kraityn

Proposed Gear and Links

Weapons

Filler

Armour

Chest
Head
Gloves
Boots

Jewellery

Filler

Progress

Filler

Screenshots

Filler

Last edited by Bakuraijin on Aug 14, 2014, 3:15:02 PM
I have always wanted to know what's the best way to distribute the weapons types in the game to the 7 classes without repeating, so that, like, if you play 7-characters-account-wise-self-found you will not waste loot, kind of.
Might need more than 7 characters though.
Last edited by Yamfun on Aug 12, 2014, 1:13:07 PM
Gotta do something with tornado shot for a ranger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info