One Month Race Winners and Infographic

"
starRising wrote:
"
ComradBlack wrote:
No prize for me? Blasphemy!

Also; man, Fox's arc build broke the game/won the popularity contest by a mile.

I disagree, I don't think it is that powerful when it comes to Maps and single target damage.

Also give credit to ZiggyD for highlighting this build.

Congratulations Fox on the creation of a build and congratulations ZiggyD for highlighting Fox's build.

P.S. Oh and thanks Havoc for highlighting detonate dead for me. It was a blast.

Thanks mom too cause mom

Last edited by TheVileOne on Aug 11, 2014, 11:53:44 AM
I did a self found duelist for my first character in this league and it makes total sense to me so few people pick him. The mana issues are really bad. Those first few nodes near the start are good but then there is nothing around. No clarity from Brutus. Mana on kill just isn't consistent enough and doesn't help when you need it the most. Reduced cost nodes aren't worth the points IMO. Blood magic takes a while to get to. No blood magic reward until merciless. No reduced mana reward ever. Worst access to aura nodes of all the characters. Pretty telling when the character closest to one of the most popular keystones is the one least picked. Will be interesting to see what the mana rework does for him.

I find it interesting that lightning warp is the most popular movement skill for softcore but in hardcore it is leapslam. I wonder what accounts for that...

I'm also curious about the big dip in deaths around level 25. Normal acts 2 & 3 too easy? I'd love to see a chart comparing where HC and SC deaths occur. For example I think in the (HC only) charity race cruel lower scepter had the most deaths since if you aren't ready for Dominus Caligia will often kill you. But when you're counting SC deaths I bet Dominus racks up them kills from people that zerg through him.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
My guess is that the witch is so popular because it is a great class for anybody who wants to play as a caster or as a summoner. Considering that this is a fantasy game I would expect that to be a fairly high percentage of the player base.

On the other hand, if somebody wants to play as a melee class then the marauder, duelist, and shadow are natural choices which could help explain their lower individual popularity relative to the witch.

Most players that I know choose the class that they feel will be the most fun to play. Of course some players will gravitate toward the most OP class, but popularity doesn't necessarily correspond to being OP.

Another thought to keep in mind is that some classes might be more viable for leveling quickly whereas other classes are more viable for a specific OP build.
bah figured i wouldnt win ;/ GGG HATERS
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
Oxix wrote:

[Removed by Support]

:o

I regret that average play time in hours/day cant be show.
There appears to be a clerical error in the winners list. My name should appear multiple times. I demand a recount.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Congratz to the winners, I wish for better luck next time. Thanks for the infographic, will there be any buff coming for duelist? Its popularity is significantly lower than other classes.
"
Oxix wrote:
I regret that average play time in hours/day can't be shown.

I actually was hoping to see something like this in the graphic. Total hours for the top characters, or account with most hours played, something along those lines.
"
leto2626 wrote:
Still pretty strange to see that the tree that 'needed' change is the biggest class played by far.

And then you realize that half, if not well over half of those witches were either:

Arc
Detonate Dead
Summoner of some kind
Very sadden by the fact that i didn't win. I played very early tried to make it first to be over level 50. Stayed awhile and i guess that wasn't enough :( Pretty depressing.
IGN NonnieIshFuzzy

feel free to pm if you want to trade :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info