Infernal Blow 1-handed Axe+Shield build: Need help!

So I started a marauder to take a break from nuking stuff as a witch and decided to do something a little different than the cookie cutter Sweep builds.

What I decided upon was a Fire damage based axe and shield marauder that uses Infernal Blow, Cleave, Warlord's Mark/Flammability (can't make up my mind on this), Molten Shell and some auras- just don't know which ones yet.

I was doing fine at first, managed to kill the Vaal Oversoul solo no problem, but in Act3 my killing speed has drastically slowed down and I'm always out of mana it seems.

My current build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEsxkuGjgkiyftKS4yiT0PPfxX4lhjZ5tyqXflfLh8u3zZffWQVaIAp4SsqrT5ud3E9sWKxtjUj-w47w7wH_Iv

I realize now that it would've been better to get Troll's Blood instead of Armor Master. Right now Infernal Blow is at 220 DPS but Heavy Strike beats it by about 15 dps, despite having Infernal linked to Added Fire Damage and getting the +50% elemental damage nodes in the Templar tree. I was originally gonna rush to the shield nodes in the top left but I've found damage is more important at the moment, not to mention that I'm always mana-starved about halfway through clearing a room/screen of mobs.

Some Questions:
Should I go for Lava Lash and Blood Magic? Will that even help much if my equipped weapon doesn't have fire on it already? The explosion of Infernal also feels very lackluster, are there key nodes I should take that would make it deal more splash damage? And lastly, did I gimp myself by taking RT since I can't proc burning damage with IB due to no crits?

I'm almost tempted to start over but thought I'd jump on here to ask for advice and insight. I would also link my gear/gem setup but I don't know how.
Imho you should have taken health nodes instead of armor, huge hp and regen is the strength of marauder
Blood magic is adviced if you want to get rid of stupid mana problems
"
michunio wrote:
Imho you should have taken health nodes instead of armor, huge hp and regen is the strength of marauder
Blood magic is advised if you want to get rid of stupid mana problems

Unfortunately it's gonna take awhile before I can reach blood magic, I think level 45 or so which should place me firmly in Act2 on Cruel. I'm going to refund the armor points and swap them for the life and regen nodes below them. I'm also thinking about stacking fire res and more regen along with a savant node to try and run Righteous Fire with Duration and Fire Penetration added to it. May also swap Warlord's for Flammability once I get Lava Lash, the int requirement is irritating though.

Is there any other ways I could increase my damage without going all over the place or should I stick with what I have so far? I just became aware of the Int Support gem that increases Ignite chance and may have found what I was looking for...now to find a way to get enough Int to run it with blood magic- Is that ill advised?

You can leave blood magic node alone if you will be able to get blood magic gem and link it to infernal blow

Your build seems fine beside the armor nodes.

I am not super experienced mara but I think you should also go for duelists health nodes and endurance charge node

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info