Buying and selling items or accounts for real money or external currencies (such as Forum Gold) is not allowed and we will ban people who attempt to engage in it in-game or on the pathofexile.com forums.
The following things are examples of behaviour that could get you banned under this rule:
- Posting a trade thread where you ask for things other than Path of Exile items in exchange for your gear.
- Offering people money or external currencies in exchange for their Path of Exile items or accounts.
- Advertising external item sales sites. It's best to avoid mentioning them by name.
- Running a service where you sell items or accounts to people for things other than Path of Exile items.
Self-promoting forum threads
We've had numerous posts being promoted by automated responses, so we've now implemented rules related to 'bumping' threads:
- No more than one bump per hour.
- Anyone caught self-bumping more regularly than that will be put on a short duration probation the first time it occurs.
- This timer counts from your last self-bump. If people bid, you can still bump it an hour after your last self-bump. This includes using 'current offer' updates to self-bump. Please edit your original post to display the current offer.
Thanks to Charan for the original post about this!
How to Post Items
When you have your post open, if you look to the top left of your screen you will see your character. Clicking on it will cause a window will pop up, allowing you to choose different characters. Find the character you want (in case the item is in that characters inventory). Once it is selected you will see that characters inventory and an option to look through your stash. Your stash will look exactly like it does in game when you open it, tabs and all, including the names if you have premium stash tabs. Once you find the item(s) you want to link just click it ONCE. It will automatically link it in the post, then just close the window! You should see some code in your post, that's the item you just linked.
Under your thread title you will see the spoiler tag. Once you click it it will add the spoiler code. Just link your items between that code. Obviously if you want to label your spoiler you can. Here is an example
Remember to preview your item posts before you submit them!
Thanks to Caribou for writing these instructions up!
This section is not for showing your current items that are not for trade.
Please post your items in this section:
Creating a Forum Shop using poe.xyz