Diablo 3 is dead - Blizzard confirmed

"
We really don't give a shit.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
"

"
Hilbert wrote:

I also like how a famous streamer quit D3 played PoE for 2 days and quit PoE too.
Way to go ;D

"Famous" streamer lol

He is famous for digging his nose on stream and eat the bogy. :)

"
I'm pretty sure the devs will not be affected when you "tell them so" lol

Also it is pretty easy to see the parasitic activity in this thread and I think you know what I mean :P

Don't worry it will, it will. It will utterly crush big egos.

"
Rihanna sells millions of albums, that doesn't change the fact it's shit. And that a lot of indie bands are great.

This has to do with taste of music.

Numbers are used for marketing purposes only.
Long term play isn't a goal anymore.
DLCs,Paid Beta Access, collectors Editions etc. are total ripoffs instructed by the publishers.

1.Hillbert, accept the fact that the VAST majority dont use steam.

2.i do agree that the game just went downhill after release.mostly cause of the bad engine. ggg underestimated the importance of desync. i brought 20 people to the game...none of them sticked with it..

GG GGG
"
lukeiy wrote:

I like Poe, I'm looking forward to the new expansion :)

me too ! well i like it until i hate. but lately i've been liking it more than hating it.

dying to apex vaal's made me hate it.

getting my resists worked out so i could start using maligaro's and jacking up my damage made me start liking it.

also too, looking forward to new expansion.

p.s. but i like D3 too ! what ? you can like more than one game ? the hell you say !
"
Gnomestapo wrote:
This argument comes down to player base. The general gamer and youth of the day today fits into the I WANT IT NOW category, while those of us who played games in the 90's or before appreciate games with complexity and depth. OP is a prime example of thinking more is better, and I would expect nothing less.

RMT and botting kinda ruins the depth and all. If GGG just could keep the game 100% free of RMT and bots then PoE might be the bestest game ever.
"
Iboga wrote:
1.Hillbert, accept the fact that the VAST majority dont use steam.

2.i do agree that the game just went downhill after release.mostly cause of the bad engine. ggg underestimated the importance of desync. i brought 20 people to the game...none of them sticked with it..

Steam is just a control sample that the game is dying.

TV Ratings are also only estmations of a small sample and 1 person represents 500-5000 depending on size of the country.

It's also about interpreting the signs.

The forum is inactive.
Reddit is inactive.
There are constant Stashtab sales while the first announced there won't be one in near future and it took only 3 months....
Future highest tier support packs won't contain an custom avatar, nor an unique, so guess in which area will be savings....
The price to design an unique as personal deal is higher than it once was.
Enforced stashtabs on "removable stashtabs"

Those are all signs that the game isn't healthy at all.

And no it's only desync or engine. It's that GGG is too stubborn since OB to create a conseus with players and do whatever they like promising that players "will like it" despite the fact that it isn't so.

SFL is a great example. Many players feel like trading is destroying their gameplay experience and want a SFL.
Constantly crushing builds with a nerfbat in each patch. This made many players quit.

Or look at the "Optimize Dominus fight". There is only a dev responses such as: "It destroys the atmosphere, screens would look bad" or more recently "We did everything it isn't the rain" that will heavily backfire if there are illegal 3rd party tools fixing those issues. It was pretty much the same situation with Poison arrow particle overlays that weren't considered an issue and was suddenly fixed after 3rd party tools were advocated here for 1 months.

And lying to the playerbase isn't the best way to promote a game.
Death by OT. Couldn't you just have locked it instead?
"
Hilbert wrote:
He is famous for digging his nose on stream and eat the bogy. :)

That's famous enough for me.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
Jojas wrote:
The shittiest newspapers have the most readers, the shittiest tv shows get millions and millions of viewers while good ones get canceled, the shittiest books are being read by the masses, the shittiest food is being shoved into the mouths of oh so many ... but wait! There is one shining beacon of hope, the one and only exception to this: Diablo 3, the best game under the sun.

so the more unsuccessful you are the better you are

i never played diablo 3 but POE is a joke compared to diablo 2, diablo 3 is also probably a joke compared to diablo 2, i never played it cause i don't even like the way it looks and the camera angle is bad, i don't know how they could make such a horrible game when all they had to do was to just make diablo 2 with new graphics and add 1 or 2 characters

if this game was so good it would be insanely popular, it's a nice game but that's it

diablo 3 is a more successful game, deal with it, there is no negative thing that can be said about that, it simply is more successful, poe doesn't have few players because it's so good that it only appeals to the "top 2%" of the population you fucking dumbass
Last edited by 1235 on Aug 6, 2014, 11:38:59 AM
"
We really don't give a shit.

Especially when the fact analysis is terrible. 20 million total copies "of everything combined"... let's see:

- 10 million sold before launch on the legacy of D2
- 2 million sold in the year after launch, most of which while the game was young and the fail still hidden
- 3 million sold on consoles, that's total XBox360 and PS3/4 combined
- 2.7 million XPack copies sold in one week when launched on March 25.

That's 17.7 of the 20 million as of the end of March. April, May, June, no, their sales didn't increase by over 6 million in the last 3 months. Only 2.3 million, which is still a lot, but who cares. Sales would have been complete crap if not for D2. Half their sales is D2's legacy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info