Oro's Sacrifice Molten Strike Build

I went ahead and designed a build to use Oro's Sacrifice, and decided to post it for feedback while I level my character along.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Modifiers to the amount of Damage Taken always apply after mitigation.
The Attackers modifiers to damage (dealt) are applied to work out the base damage of the hit, then the defender's armour/resistances/other mitigation are applied to this to work out damage taken. This value is then affected by any and all modifiers to damage taken.

In order to make a build using the games most badass sword, I decided to try making a build that seriously invested in armor. Lots of armor. And as the quote above explains, this won't backfire horribly. Armor is just as effective with Oro's Sacrifice as it is without.

Why Molten Strike?
Molten Strike seems an odd choice, as there is no physical damage to convert or buff. However it does give me three valuable things.

1. An AoE mechanic
2. A 20% damage buff
3. Increased fire damage from quality.

These make it a choice skill, compared to others that could only give it damage or AoE, and not both. And by keeping it at level 1, I can also keep its mana cost down.

Passives:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OvJ98uPGsKS4aPlRJ8i-oGNIhVw2Rzrvt9zJyqXzZns2nMBQgUEcYkXK7uc2hbayqWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4V-
J35TKJBLMUTaIA8B862C3SNukkquNqGYVhIRLhhO907XrvYEsFLeLqAdykGRv6Jd-E2WVNR35uab6neA2pbmxGcmwyCRps893STcAP5CIpT4Kb1e1qk7ZBTioppXbnwQR5aAthvopaGhRxA8YGDmP9CfZN2Ix2ah4=

Parse

The bandits are Oak/Kraityn/Oak.

Get RT first, then go for Iron Skin, then head north. One these points are done, you can get Sovereignty and the aura node near Blood Magic to use all the builds aura's at once. The other max resistance points and sentinel are also options.

Gemlist:
6L: Molten Strike/Weapon Elemental Damage/Blood Magic/Lifeleech/Multistrike/Fire Penetration
4L: CWDT(lvl4)/Enduring Cry(lvl7)/Enfeeble(lvl7)/Molten Shell(lvl9)
4L: Leap Slam/Faster Attacks - Immortal Call/Increased Duration
4L: Determination/Grace/Reduced Mana/Purity of Fire

Pretty staple. Depending on opponents, you can change which auras you want to shift your defenses around.

Uniques:

Borrowed links all. Nevertheless. Oro's is obvious. Devoto's provides me with the dexterity needed to use Grace, and strong boosts to attack and movement speed. Moreover it has 1000 armor as a helm. Its downside does nothing to me. Doryani's is a belt that gives 350 armor, and additional fire damage and leech. Kaom's doesn't have impressive armor, but its life speaks for itself. And it has fire damage. Atziri's Step is 600 armor, and generally very solid. Its not necessary, but I like the boots.

For other gear, resistances, life, and armor are the obvious priorities. Attack speed and added fire damage are nice.

Build Summary:

The build can get up to 30,000 armor, more if pushed. Add 15k more to that if it pops a granite flask. With 7 endurance charges and enfeeble, I hope to quell any physical damage before it gets any real chance to multiply. And I have 9% life leech if it does. 52% increased movespeed makes it fast; what it can't tank it can probably dodge. And Oro's gets good damage bonuses put onto it. Poe builder gives it around 10k - 12k dps, obviously not counting meatball projectiles or ignition. Not particularly high, but things will die when you hit them. It gets strong resistances too, up to 84% fire resistance, with a long immortal call if it needs it.

Buildup so far I'm using unique 2 handed axes with regular molten strike. The uniques all come together at the same time, so I'll see what the build does when I get there. Other than Kaom's heart, its not expensive.

So, thoughts? Criticisms? Think it can survive and thrive in maps?

Last edited by WalkingInCircles on Aug 3, 2014, 10:23:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info