have i completly F'ed up my build?

so before i started lvling my marauder i went on the forums and looked for builds, i found one that focus on tankyness in everything (HP and HP regen on everything excepct wep), excepct weapons, and i want to be a 2 handed marauder, so i tought id give it a try, now im on act 2 in cruel, and im struggeling to keep my self alive, anyone got some tips on gear or if its completly F'ed up and i have to reroll, PS this is my first char so i dont know THAT much about the game.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLRLhFCAZLhpVHOcg8CfVJ-026DpSROdQUFRJVw1YY18_YEthIWSjah5qO3KpdO1673uMfNmE74zPkc6ezaLqpzCoGKyqud277cRYxtjSIdlh37_nUu8O8i_2SPe-

my build so far.

My gear.

[EDIT]
maybe i need to invest some of my currency into my items, to get more tanky
Last edited by itbosse on Feb 3, 2013, 5:12:29 PM
I dont see anything completly wrong with this build. Tho I found that running around with a 2h weapon did not fit my playstyle. So I switched to 1h mace and shield. Gives me a bit less damage, but much more suvivability (and its less frustrating to miss etc).

The question is what you want out of this build. Im guessing you are going for Life Steal, Life Leach and HP Regeneration (as most melee Marauders do). I did try a flat Health focused Mara up to about 30 ish. Phys.dmg and a large HP pool is the way to go then. Just remember to use the correct combination of gems. AoE should have Life on Hit, as you will AoE and hit multiple targets. If you can fit a LoH gem in the middle of Ground Slam and Leap, you should have no problem taking out a large pack of normal mobs. The Life Leach on the other hand is %-based. Wich means it can work fine with AoE, but I found it to fit the best with harder hitting attacks like Heavy Strike and Frenzy. Mine is at 2% now and keeps my HP up while Im basing a named/thougher single target. Other than that, I try to 1) take out the important mobs first (like frost casters), and 2) to keep mobs debuffed. I've breezed through most content so far, only having lag or intense rambo modes kill me.

Personally I found Fire to be my best friend when things got a bit thougher. Sure, some mobs are resistant to fire, but they are minor mobs mostly.

So at the moment I have invested points in the extra fire dmg nodes. Im currently using Life on Hit with my AoE (Ground Slam and Leap), and Life Leach (2%) with single target abilities (Heavy Strike, Frenzy and Infernal Blow). Life Leach and Life on Hit is still what keeps me alive. The fire just gives me something else. And Im liking it :) Im currently struggeling with obtaining gear with green gem slots, but if I should be so lucky as to see a decent drop I most certaintly will use the green gem that adds more Life Steal (sorry, cant remember the name atm. And I think it is 4% LL). Im also using Extra FireDmg support with both Molten Shield (Fits PERFECTLY with melee builds) and Fire Totem. The Fire Totem can work both as extra dmg and as a lesser decoy in times of need. Other than that I use Warlords Mark due to low costs, and some sort of Fire Aura that gives me a bit more fire dmg (cant remember this name either). With a 1h mace and shield, I feel a bit like an offensive tank. Kinda slow, but unstoppable :)

Now that I have both Extra Phys.dmg and Extra Elem.dmg gems, Im finding this build very, very fun. Im kinda playing with the idea of getting FireStorm gem too. But its just a thought atm. Same goes for Fire Traps. Could be alot of fun!
As for pots, Im using all health pots with fast regen (kinda obvious tho). I try to keep all resistances high, but Im putting points in Elem.resist nodes atm. I will reset these poitns when I get the gear needed to do so. And I have some resist pots in my stash, but Ive never had the use for em so far.

Im only lvl 46, but from what I can tell I should get pretty far with this build. Packs of 6-18 mobs go down very easy and named mobs are simple enough. If you want something new, try this if you have the gems for it. Other then that, I can only say that gemming correctly shanged this game for the better for me.

Hope this helps.

-Kurt
A little big laddy
Couldn't find the edit button, so new reply. The name of the green gem is Blood Rage. It is amazing. Now Im truly plowing! :D
A little big laddy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info