Need advice on build please!

Hey I've been out of the game for a while. Decided to get back in it after about 4 months hiatus. Just want to know if this build is still viable. Trying to go 2h GS with some stun.
PassiveTree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvVEmoGGoe0iGezfe-Vw2nMJHOFHEUILvtDjxQR_cyOlLelp_LGJGBK3KpNujiQ9-yrKpko7aklIdR5lnzGlWYClg9tC_AGmEhnsVBP5BVhO8S4Ydqp4R07ZBsGjh676mU7DhgS4TZOtgFLW5pZU0t0k3YQKC-p0d-njyMdp650k2rxYFvwA-9gQSz1e2ZKxRN8B8CcWqTgziiAKlotkHvfE4qKaV82Vuv3Q38xWegh3ZKfSXf5K3ewQ==

Any input welcome. Thanks!
Minor modification:
I dropped the duelist starting area and picked up blunt instrument for slightly more damage and more armor. I'm not a huge fan of the leather and steel pathway personally. I'd take the life and armor nodes near bloodless and path to iron reflexes along the bottom route. Also you should pick up 'wrecking ball' the 2hd cluster near thick skin. It's amazing.

Speaking of IR: With all the armor nodes you have Determination will possibly beat Grace in terms of efficiency. So unless you want to run both or have some evasion gear/play in a party where someone is running Grace you may forgo it for some freed up skill points.

Re: Stun nodes. I don't have any experience with these whatsoever so I can't comment much on that. But be aware that attack speed won't help you stunning things so multistrike may be detrimental. And if you want to permastun map bosses (like e.g. vaal maze) heavy strike is I think the only choice. See also this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/493891 for stun information.

In general I think that 226% life is on the lower side of a hardcore build(I personally aim for around 300% on most life builds) but with good gear and reliable stun lock it may be enough.
Last edited by incinerate on Aug 3, 2014, 6:21:10 AM
more changes
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvVEmoGGoe0iGezfe-Vw2nMJHOFHEUILvtDjxQR_cyOlLelp_LGJGBK3KphmDiQ9-yrKp82VYEtqSUh1HmWfNhUu4UmApYPbQvwBootaCdnsVBP-StkFXvTpwn3sGnhECgouoaOCFgnrkFLRLh7Dh08WBLYSE62Bjbeu-Hai3STdhbr3TtkGyePIx2TirdDamUgW8ppfzFhNkEs2egJd9lTRRN8B8CcYd2R36DOKIAqWhKfe98AedCjjSOhjs=

Ive been leaning more towards determination, but with IR I could always look for good DEX boots or gloves to add some more armor right? Its really gonna come down to gem slots I think and whatever supports I am going to run. The stun is just for fun really since I have not tried it since they threw it in and i think it would work ok with GS for regular mobs. I use Heavy Strike for single attack. Got the life up to +294 in the updated build but its also at 106 skill points used.
Yeah definitely. IR gives you a lot of freedom in terms of itemization, ar/ev, ev or armor anything goes. Also if you do intend to run grace you probably need more dex from the tree unless you have godly gear -- level 20 grace needs 153 dex.

The version you posted still has 226% max life and I think this one is better

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvVEmoGGoe0iGezfe-Vw2nMJHOFHEUILvtDjxQR_cy3pafyxiRgStyqeJD37KsqnzZtqSUh1HmWfOYClg9tC_AGp7FQT_krZBV3sGnhECgGjghYJ65BS0S4ew4dPFgS2EhOtgY23rvh2ot0k3YW6907ZBsnjyMdk4q3Q2plIFvKaX8xYTZBLNnoCXfZU0UTfAfAnGHdkd-gziiAKloSn3vfAHnQo40joY7NuhkoxpVhO_Apnz1wPOKIlb6

more damage more attack speed snf one less skill point spent but 15% less stun duration. With all the stun nodes you have it should not be a problem to stunlock mobs with a decent 2h mace.

106 points is (I think) level 87 if you do Oak/Oak/kill which is realistically doable.

Thanks man looks solid! So what would you suggest for the route? I'm thinking rush to RT, down to Unwavering then going to IR, then going up towards Amplify?
Yeah sure that sounds fine to me. If you don't have excellent twink gear you may also consider leveling with searing bond. It's beyond broken (unti the next patch hits anyway) and should easily carry you to act 3 cruel even without any totem nodes. Just use searing bond + increased burning damage; preferably with a +1 fire gems scepter with 20% ele dmg base (just sell 1 alteration + scepter + ruby ring to a vendor).
Even if you do not want to use it exclusively it is very nice damage support for bosses (especially for vaal since he is so stationary)

Have fun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info