A minor issue regarding the Broken Bridge design

This is one of those things we've mostly taken for granted for a really long time, but it's still bothering me now that I've noticed it.

The Broken Bridge area covers the highway down to the eponymous broken bridge, upon which Kraityn has made his sad little base. If you explore that base, you'll see broken wagons littering the 'back' of his base. This makes sense -- the highway was the main way to get to Sarn from the coast.

The problem is the bridge itself has stairs. And lots of them.

I noticed something similar in Sarn itself, where we can see those ominous carts full of dead bodies, but other than a convolution of stairs, no real visible means of access.

Ramps are probably less visually impressive, but if you're going to have carts and wagons, you can't have stairs on the roads.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
++ for ramps.

My Templar will be thankful.
"
Charan wrote:
The problem is the bridge itself has stairs. And lots of them.

I noticed something similar in Sarn itself, where we can see those ominous carts full of dead bodies, but other than a convolution of stairs, no real visible means of access.

Ramps are probably less visually impressive, but if you're going to have carts and wagons, you can't have stairs on the roads.

I noticed that too when I first started playing...probably what destroyed those wagons.

"
Nightmare90 wrote:
++ for ramps.

My Templar will be thankful.

Sounds like your Templar needs to do some squats and RDLs.
Hi

Lol thats it? I thought it would be the issue that if you go straight right following the side, more often then not, you bypass the whole map and are right at the bridge, like less then a minute.

Also though I agree lets get some ramps in.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Aug 4, 2014, 12:39:41 PM
I don't even want to get into the fact that the road in BB makes *no* sense whatsoever. I'm hoping GGG adds buildings/ruins at some point to justify its convolution.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Hi

I agree Charan, would love to see that area make more sense, a few trading posts or a ruined inn, something:)

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info