blood magic

BACKGROUND STORY
I'm always playing with a friend and we decided to create a pve char and a pvp/solo char each. The pvp/solo char is unimportant right now, but on our pve chars we ONLY PLAY TOGETHER, NEVER ALONE. I am Marauder and skilled on pure tank, so i basically don't deal any damage AT ALL. My friend is a pure DD (witch), skilled on damage only, so if he ever gets attacked, he almost dies instantly. At first this was just an experiment, but it worked exellently, so we decided to keep those as farmer chars and use them to get items 4 our solo-chars so whenever 1 of us cannot play we dontget bored.

MY QUESTION
Right now I'm deciding about using Blood Magic (removes all mana and uses live instead), cuz the Marauder has far move live than mana and therefore I'd be able to cast more spells (even though I'ts a little bit risky), would you guys recomment it for playing as a pure tank?

My second question is, will the mana-regen affect live instead?
I use bloodmagic myself on a pure tank but only the gem version.

Using bm from the skilltree is an awfull idea because you can't use the needed auras.

And no mana-regen will not affect live instead.

Edit: Ignore the IIR & IIQ gems. Usually I use concentrated effect and additional fire damage / life leech. Just switched these two gems in to do some ladder farm runs.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Aug 2, 2014, 8:56:29 AM
"
you can't use the needed auras

somewhere I read that u actually can, the auras will reserve life instead

"
Ignore the IIR & IIQ gems

I'm new, what is that?

"
Usually I use concentrated effect and additional fire damage / life leech.

1.) What is concentrated effect?

2.) as I said I don't care about my damage, all I need is defensive stuff

3.) (If I understood right life leech will recover a little percentage of the damage I deal as life)
If I don't deal any damage then what do I need life leech for? a little percentage of very litte damage is basically nothing!
"
"
you can't use the needed auras

somewhere I read that u actually can, the auras will reserve life instead

That is true of course at least in theory. But how on earth do you want to play with about 200 life left?

"

"
Ignore the IIR & IIQ gems

I'm new, what is that?

increased item rarity and increased item quality

"

"
Usually I use concentrated effect and additional fire damage / life leech.

1.) What is concentrated effect?

2.) as I said I don't care about my damage, all I need is defensive stuff

1.) concentrated effect is a support gem. Very good if you use cyclone as your main skill as I do.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Concentrated_Effect
2.) If you if you do not care about dps you can use life leech & life on hit and you will become an ever greater tank BUT remember that without a decent amount of damage life leech won't work good.
"

3.) (If I understood right life leech will recover a little percentage of the damage I deal as life)
If I don't deal any damage then what do I need life leech for? a little percentage of very litte damage is basically nothing!

That is absolutely right. It is not possible to be a good tank in poe without dealing a decent amount of damage. Life regeneration just isn't enough. But you do not need a high amount of dmg as a tank. About 10k dps should be enough for most situations.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Aug 2, 2014, 11:41:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info