About the graphics update

One of the things that really drew me toward this game was the look and feel visible in various gameplay videos I ran across. I really liked the atmosphere of the shoreline areas and some dungeons - partly, I think, because the creatures share a cohesive appearance with their surrounding environment.

Reading about the new update making things more "visible" has me worried about possible impact on the art of this game... Visibility was the reason given for the art direction in Diablo III, and I have to say that I found it unappealing.

Perhaps I worry too much. After all, the designers clearly share my opinion of how to make a game look awesome. I just don't want to see the current appearance compromised for other factors.

Maybe a graphics option would be nice so players could choose between atmosphere and visibility?
I'm sure it's just slight changes to textures and colors to make certain enemies stand out. For example, in Fellshrine Ruins, it's nearly impossible to see skeletons against the ground's texture when you're moving.

Edited for better meaning.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Oct 3, 2011, 4:36:40 PM
Personaly i like this graphic and i wouldnt change anything. Its good and if something scary comes out of dark in a cavern its meant to be scary!

Dont give us double rainbow please! :P
Keysus- His power is infinite!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info