Dat stash doe

I got like 500 tabs soft and hardcore, everything full to the top, 100 chars etc...

Even if there was a npc who would buy our uniques and rares for chaos/alch orbs,
as if they were traded among players, I would still need 2 weeks to sort all that stuff out.
This isn't even funny anymore. I got a scared, hopeless facial expression right now.

Of all the stuff I have, 40% is really good, the other 40% is useful leveling stuff,
10% is misc must-have stuff like backup leveling gear and gems, and the remaining 10% probably useless junk that I could vendor.

Still, too many goods to hold on to,
and no real practical, efficient channels to get them sorted or sold.
I'm not saying a AH would fix this... but yeah, it would.

We need better tools to move, sort, organise, sell and trade our stuff.
At least give us a next gen ui to sort our stash if you're not down with a AH.

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Welcome to Hoarders Anonymous.

You think that an AH would help, wouldn't you? But then you get one and you realize that all that crap you have hoarded isn't worth 1/10 what you thought it was and the market is flooded with everyone's crap and nothing is getting sold because of the oversupply.

Lack of an auction house is just your excuse. Embrace your hoard. Love your hoard. It's all you'll ever get from it.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 1, 2014, 3:16:16 PM
To paint you a picture of how I feel about having no AH in Poe;

Imagine if the game would require you to be in stand-by mode whenever you identify or vendor any one item. That action would take 30 minutes. And during that wait time you can't go afk, because every 2 minutes the game asks you "are you still there?", and to confirm you'd have to type in a captcha, or the process would be aborted.

You know how you all would react?
You'd be flipping desks like a mawfakka...
Your heads would explode from rage while you roar
"I! AIN'T! GOT! TIME! FOR! THIS! SHIT! GOD! DAMMIT!"

You'd be flooding the forums with posts like:

"Why can't we just identify and vendor items with 1 click in 1 second?
Why do you restrict us so much, what's the use of this?
All you do is make the gameplay slower, preventing us from actually killing monsters,
'cos we all have to sit in towns for hours a day, just to sell a few items!
This isn't practical, this isn't enjoyable, this isn't fun, this is bullshit!"

Exactly. You get it now?
If we had alternative tools (such as a AH *cough cough*!!!) that made the management of the stash, loot, currency, gear and gems faster, easier, more practical, enjoyable and efficient, the game itself wouldn't change one bit to the worse!

In fact, people would have more fun, and time to play the actual game, trying out different new builds, instead of just rotting their eyes and asses off, sitting in stand-by mode, waiting to cut one casual deal after 3 hours of trade spam.
What isn't practical is waiting until you have 100 characters and 500 stash tabs full of garbage before you decide to take care of it. I'm pretty sure this is a troll post anyway. No way only 10% of your stuff is vendor trash. How about you link all that stuff right here so you can find out just how much of your junk is vendor trash? If you just vendor it instead of putting it in your stash, you wouldn't "need" an auction house.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Aug 1, 2014, 3:40:21 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Welcome to Hoarders Anonymous.

You think that an AH would help, wouldn't you? But then you get one and you realize that all that crap you have hoarded isn't worth 1/10 what you thought it was and the market is flooded with everyone's crap and nothing is getting sold because of the oversupply.

Lack of an auction house is just your excuse. Embrace your hoard. Love your hoard. It's all you'll ever get from it.

It would be better than what we have now, if done right.
Placing items on the AH should always display the vendor value of the item.
You could also vendor it directly to the AH, with a confirmation button (optional) for (both) rares and uniques.

This way nobody gets flipped and everyone sees the minimum price.
So if for example I'd put a belt for sale with 7 random mods, the bottom price would be whatever the game core base is set to. Like 1(or was it 3?) alch shard for chaos resistance, and some alt shards for the remaining mods.

By default, the AH could suggest a BO price for placed items, being twice their vendor value.
If people think their shit is worth more, they can manually increase it.
Their bad if nobody wants to buy it after they set the price to 5x vendor value at the BO slider.

Just let everyone dump their loot to the AH with options after 24h has passed:
A) put it on sale again if not sold
B) vendor it if not sold
c) send back to my stash mailbox if not sold

Not that hard you know?
How about you join us brain storming up a good AH for Poe, instead of just auto-whining how "it's going to ruin Poe because other games that had a AH, turned into games I no longer like" ? If someone threw a baby into a pool and it drowned, you'd probably be the first in line to shout out WELL MYYYYYYY GOLDFISH *CAN* SWIM! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR BABY?

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Stewart_GGG on Aug 1, 2014, 4:07:22 PM
Stop hoarding.
When you have played a long time in a temp league with several different characters, when the league ends 2 stashed are combined.

I also have a lot of work to do sorting all the remove only tabs out in standard, even after having bought a premium stash bundle and I dont even play much...
Last edited by Startkabels on Aug 1, 2014, 5:38:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info