You have misread the announcement about daily quests.

So theres a lot of hate about the daily quest. Well you guys have actually misread it and misses an important part. This is the paragraph you guys are all referring to when talking about the daily quest's.

"
In their extensive travels throughout Wraeclast, the seven Masters have discovered ideal locations for an Exile to use as their own secret Hideout.

Once you've earned a Master's trust, you may be taken to a Hideout, where you can create your own personalised town. Masters residing in your Hideout offer you daily Missions and train you in advanced crafting options.

Use your Hideout as a quiet place to craft after battle, or expand it and use it as a personalised Guild Hall with hundreds of decorations.

The important paragraph that you all seem to skip is this one though.

"
As you roam the wilderness of Wraeclast, you will sometimes cross paths with the Forsaken Masters. All seven of them have their own unique missions that they either need your help with, or want to train you to handle. Haku asks you to cleanse an ancestral area and recover a lost Karui spirit. Vorici will train you in the art of assassination.

Completing missions for the Masters will increase your reputation with them. As you progress through the eight levels of reputation with each Master, you gain access to more of what they can offer you.

The first paragraph is the Hideout paragraph while the second is the train with the masters paragraph. If you had read both you would understand that dailies just add another way to get rep. You do not have to do the daily's at all to get rep you can just find the masters on the map. So stop complaining about the daily's. There are other ways to get rep.
Last edited by HeroesNeverQuit on Jul 31, 2014, 1:40:25 PM
"

The first paragraph is the Hideout paragraph while the second is the train with the masters paragraph. If you had read both you would understand that dailies just add another way to get rep. You do not have to do the daily's at all to get rep you can just find the masters on the map. So stop complaining about the daily's. There are other ways to get rep.

This is the problem. The rep and leveling of masters can be balanced around the need to do daily quests. That is one of the MAIN problems.

I've read it over a bunch of times and it just sounds like you can find all the masters asap and do their first quest, letting you get to rep level 1 for each master on the first day of play, but to level up your reputation you need to do daily missions.

None of us know the intricacies of the system. It could be that each master gives one mission a day, or you can only do one mission a day from any master. Or it could be that you can repeat the same mission over and over to level up rep, but can't do a different mission type until the next day. We don't know.

We need to wait for GGG to tell us more, cause that simply isn't enough information.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
No, I think you're also misreading it. From another thread on this subject:

"
Hodari wrote:
"
MasterAxe wrote:
was this confirmed that they will be only daily quests? well if thats the case that sucks, they should always be available to give us something to do. once a day, what a waste.

No, that wasn't confirmed. Nor was it confirmed that daily quests will be how you level them up. If anything, it sounds like just the opposite to me. Daily quests will be something they offer AFTER you have already reached max(or at least a reasonably high) level with them. The missions you use to level them up in the first place will be available whenever you find them.

"
As you roam the wilderness of Wraeclast, you will sometimes cross paths with the Forsaken Masters. All seven of them have their own unique missions that they either need your help with, or want to train you to handle. Haku asks you to cleanse an ancestral area and recover a lost Karui spirit. Vorici will train you in the art of assassination.

Completing missions for the Masters will increase your reputation with them. As you progress through the eight levels of reputation with each Master, you gain access to more of what they can offer you.

"
Once you've earned a Master's trust, you may be taken to a Hideout, where you can create your own personalised town. Masters residing in your Hideout offer you daily Missions and train you in advanced crafting options.

"
Masters residing in your Hideout offer you daily Missions and train you in advanced crafting options.

I'm not reading it wrong, it looks like the only way to get access to the useful mods (advanced crafting options) is from the hideout masters.

The question is, then, do masters still spawn out in the world/maps, etc. if they're in your hideout? Is the daily quest a throttle so you only get one guaranteed rep quest a day, and if you want more you have to hunt for the master spawn out in the world?

Who knows, but again that makes the daily quest that much more valuable since you don't have to hunt for a master spawn in the world/maps.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

I doubt I will be playing the New PoE MMO, however it seems pretty clear where they are going.

I think, in their defense, they are trying to close the gap between power levelers and casual players. Does it make sense to have new content and have people blow through it in a matter of days, or should they spread it out. The hardcore players ironically are ruining the game they grind so much.

Either way, too many gaming options this fall. Sorry GGG, maybe next time!
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
Masters residing in your Hideout offer you daily Missions and train you in advanced crafting options.

I'm not reading it wrong, it looks like the only way to get access to the useful mods (advanced crafting options) is from the hideout masters.

The question is, then, do masters still spawn out in the world/maps, etc. if they're in your hideout? Is the daily quest a throttle so you only get one guaranteed rep quest a day, and if you want more you have to hunt for the master spawn out in the world?

Who knows, but again that makes the daily quest that much more valuable since you don't have to hunt for a master spawn in the world/maps.

Again, you only get the daily quests AFTER you get the hideout. You only get the hideout AFTER reaching a high rep level. Therefore you must be able to get rep from something OTHER than dailies.
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"

I think even after they are in the hideout you can still get rep for them by finding them on maps. My reasoning for that is because one of the GGG devs said you could find masters on end game maps. Why would they bother letting you find them on maps if the only way to get rep was from the dailies? I believe you can do both to gain rep.
"
Hodari wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"

Again, you only get the daily quests AFTER you get the hideout. You only get the hideout AFTER reaching a high rep level. Therefore you must be able to get rep from something OTHER than dailies.

Where does it say you only get the hideout after reaching a high rep level? It only says you get access to the hideout after earning their trust. That could be low, mid, or high rep, who knows?

And it still specifically says that even after access to the hideout, you still need to learn the advanced crafting options. Speculation is that you have to keep earning rep or some other way to learn these advanced crafting options. Presumably, it's with dailies. Again, I don't know, no one knows, until we get more info.

But again, this is GGG we're talking about here - if it isn't gated behind punishing rng and tons of grinding, it's not in PoE. So history shows this will be a long process. I hope I am wrong.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Druga1757 wrote:
Where does it say you only get the hideout after reaching a high rep level?

Gaining the masters trust is what gets you access to the hide out, trust = rep
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info