Daily Quests are Good not bad

"
MasterAxe wrote:
was this confirmed that they will be only daily quests? well if thats the case that sucks, they should always be available to give us something to do. once a day, what a waste.

No, that wasn't confirmed. Nor was it confirmed that daily quests will be how you level them up. If anything, it sounds like just the opposite to me. Daily quests will be something they offer AFTER you have already reached max(or at least a reasonably high) level with them. The missions you use to level them up in the first place will be available whenever you find them.

"
As you roam the wilderness of Wraeclast, you will sometimes cross paths with the Forsaken Masters. All seven of them have their own unique missions that they either need your help with, or want to train you to handle. Haku asks you to cleanse an ancestral area and recover a lost Karui spirit. Vorici will train you in the art of assassination.

Completing missions for the Masters will increase your reputation with them. As you progress through the eight levels of reputation with each Master, you gain access to more of what they can offer you.

"
Once you've earned a Master's trust, you may be taken to a Hideout, where you can create your own personalised town. Masters residing in your Hideout offer you daily Missions and train you in advanced crafting options.
Last edited by Hodari on Jul 31, 2014, 1:01:21 PM
"
ibase wrote:
ppl who arent dialy online are not supposed to win 3 month league anyway get over it

Who said anything about winning a 3-month league? For some people, it takes longer just to level one character than others. Having access to the master's abilities that are supposed to help gear progression would be great for those that have limited play time. Not having that access because of that same limited play time (can't do enough dailies) defeats the purpose of those abilities supposedly helping with the gear progression in the first place.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Hodari wrote:
"
MasterAxe wrote:
was this confirmed that they will be only daily quests? well if thats the case that sucks, they should always be available to give us something to do. once a day, what a waste.

No, that wasn't confirmed. Nor was it confirmed that daily quests will be how you level them up. If anything, it sounds like just the opposite to me. Daily quests will be something they offer AFTER you have already reached max(or at least a reasonably high) level with them. The missions you use to level them up in the first place will be available whenever you find them.

"
As you roam the wilderness of Wraeclast, you will sometimes cross paths with the Forsaken Masters. All seven of them have their own unique missions that they either need your help with, or want to train you to handle. Haku asks you to cleanse an ancestral area and recover a lost Karui spirit. Vorici will train you in the art of assassination.

Completing missions for the Masters will increase your reputation with them. As you progress through the eight levels of reputation with each Master, you gain access to more of what they can offer you.

"
Once you've earned a Master's trust, you may be taken to a Hideout, where you can create your own personalised town. Masters residing in your Hideout offer you daily Missions and train you in advanced crafting options.

To me, that sounds like you don't have access to the crafting bench (where you can mod items), until after you have access to the hideout - after a certain rep level. I'm guessing you will only have access to basic mods and need to do dailies to get access to the good stuff.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Druga1757 wrote:

To me, that sounds like you don't have access to the crafting bench (where you can mod items), until after you have access to the hideout - after a certain rep level. I'm guessing you will only have access to basic mods and need to do dailies to get access to the good stuff.

Underlined a couple extra parts in my post to further clarify. My point was that it says the Master who reside in your hideout offer the daily quests. You don't even get into the hideouts until you've leveled them up a certain amount. Therefore dailies aren't required to level them up.
I just hope the new content will not be gated behind the need to do daily quests. It would be very bad for the game.

Much better thing for me would be to have unlimited random number of quests that you can do how much you want. Timing out quests so you need to log in every day is a bad thing, there should be no limit how many quest you can do.
"
ibase wrote:
its something that makes it worth continiously playing every day - jsut think of Hearthstone daily quests - you play quest u get reward - each day - this is great! thumps up

Sorry to burst your bubble but i'd consider them bad.
Depending on what they gate behind them you are then forced to log on every single day to do them...that is not fun, that is a chore.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jul 31, 2014, 1:24:08 PM
N
you sir visit forums every day to post that is a chor
EDIT
Last edited by SkyJa on Jul 31, 2014, 1:44:37 PM
For me it depends on the quests. If it is lame crap like "kill 30 snakes" or "find a five socket item" like baby challenges you do in the regular game then I think it is bad. If the quests actually give you new things to do like fight monsters you can't otherwise find or go to maps you can't otherwise access I think it will be great.
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info