Build diversity got the green light

"
Krayken wrote:
I really can't stand forum posters who sign their posts every damn times.

This one =.= or whatever shit it is, so dumb.

As for the life buff, I would rather an increase to the passive %life nodes so that you don't need so many to survive but that's just my opinion. Personally I never find gearing life hard, rather I think the restrictions 'path of life nodes' puts on the passive tree is unnecessarily prohibitive and overall bad for build versatility.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on Jul 31, 2014, 12:40:42 PM
"
Krayken wrote:

Oh wow, your right! All this time I have been concerning myself with what the poster says. Thanks for the correction!
"
Krayken wrote:

this is no sign, he calls himself "peaceBoem".
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Hodari wrote:
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
I have over 36 different builds. OP says theres finally build diversity. OP is wrong. it was always there, just take off the blinders.

how do all 36 of your builds fare against atziri ?

Why are you using one single OPTIONAL boss as your standard for whether a build is viable or not?

because saying build diversity is fine because i have 36 different builds is a meaningless statement.

i offered one possible standard.

killing Dom without portal abuse, could be another.

how about offering up what you think would be a good standard to measure build success ?

seriously, i'm interested in knowing what constitutes a successful build .
"
I have over 36 different builds. OP says theres finally build diversity. OP is wrong. it was always there, just take off the blinders.

36, level 30-, characters, wow you're seriously altaholic. Such pro.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"

And how many of those can easily solo lvl 76+ maps or Atziri? It's true that you can make 100s of different builds but majority of them will be shitty dumbster builds that fail in many areas.
"
profeetta wrote:
"

And how many of those can easily solo lvl 76+ maps or Atziri? It's true that you can make 100s of different builds but majority of them will be shitty dumbster builds that fail in many areas.

I'd hate to break this to you but if someone is having fun with all of those characters, they were successes. It doesn't matter how far they got into the game.

That said, there aren't enough different mechanics in PoE really anyway. Most builds are fundamentally the same form of applying damage to enemies until they explode. In that respect, you won't ever have THAT much build diversity. New coat of paint for the same stuff mostly.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
When did build diversity have to do with itemization, I can give you an game that you can spawn any items you want but have a skill tree with an exact linear path and having only 3 skills in the game.

If your saying there because you can't get any items you can't do most builds, which is untrue because there are no more items that are ultra expensive that bare you from doing 95% of the builds in the game itself.

The changes just allows people to play more obscure or interesting builds easier.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jul 31, 2014, 6:14:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info