Build diversity got the green light

"
Boem wrote:
With the new crafting options in the x-pac it appears to me a lot more builds with retarded itemization concepts will become play-able for mid-tier wealthy players?

Damn you GGG, all those theory-concepts i banked away due to limited crafting might become viable!

How will i ever get shit done in reel life know?!

GGg & wp's gent's.

peace,

-Boem-

Also the expanded life pool with less reliance on life nodes. Playing solo/sf/hc has = 100% defensive skill tree (exagerating a bit perhaps). If they have found a way to ease this reliance on a defensive tree then I have plenty of builds that were almost good enough DPS wise. New build hype Go Go Go!
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
Yes, 6% cast speed on my gloves, finally, the build diversity is with us....... Because there is clearly no build diversity right now.....

There are a lot more mods than just 6% cast speed. In fact, based on the way it talks about using the master's quests to "unlock special mods" I am betting that a lot of the special mods that we usually have to get from a single unique will be opened up. Spell block without Rathpith/Rainbowstride/Lazhwar, for instance. Or maybe even, for a few exalt, you can craft "Chaos damage does not bypass Energy Shield" onto something.

If Shav's are no longer 100% necessary for low life builds, build diversity will skyrocket. I think this is what OP means.

EDIT: Well, I just looked and I realized they said "no T-1 stats" for crafting. So...that invalidates my point. Meh. Well, at least it makes it easier to stack res and life I guess :/
Last edited by fireinakasha on Jul 31, 2014, 11:06:12 AM
"
I have over 36 different builds. OP says theres finally build diversity. OP is wrong. it was always there, just take off the blinders.

how do all 36 of your builds fare against atziri ?
"
fireinakasha wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
Yes, 6% cast speed on my gloves, finally, the build diversity is with us....... Because there is clearly no build diversity right now.....

There are a lot more mods than just 6% cast speed. In fact, based on the way it talks about using the master's quests to "unlock special mods" I am betting that a lot of the special mods that we usually have to get from a single unique will be opened up. Spell block without Rathpith/Rainbowstride/Lazhwar, for instance. Or maybe even, for a few exalt, you can craft "Chaos damage does not bypass Energy Shield" onto something.

If Shav's are no longer 100% necessary for low life builds, build diversity will skyrocket. I think this is what OP means.

EDIT: Well, I just looked and I realized they said "no T-1 stats" for crafting. So...that invalidates my point. Meh. Well, at least it makes it easier to stack res and life I guess :/

If what you theorize is true then that is 100% great to all except the 1% top elites now that have most of the wealth and want to keep it all to themselves (selfish bastards). Opening up PoE to all the "close but no cigar" gear and builds because we couldn't quite get a high enough mod on an otherwise good rare is definitely a good thing. Yes, the limited info does say mods will be tier 2 max. but that is still good when you have a rare with 4 or 5 very good mods bit need a 6th one more of a specific type for it to be usable (this is assuming that the crafting choices includes a mod that you need on that gear). At least we won't be RNG "gambling" with having to re-role the entire gear and burn through countless blessed or chaos orbs (not that anyone would want to waste these precious orbs) praying to RNGesus that this time it will RN-Give me what I want.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jul 31, 2014, 11:21:43 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
fireinakasha wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:

If what you theorize is true then that is 100% great to all except the 1% top elites now that have most of the wealth and want to keep it all to themselves (selfish bastards). Opening up PoE to all the "close but no cigar" gear and builds because we couldn't quite get a high enough mod on an otherwise good rare is definitely a good thing.

+1 because I play video games to forget the real world economy, not simulate it :D
"
fireinakasha wrote:
+1 because I play video games to forget the real world economy, not simulate it :D

+1 back to you. I wasn't intending to make any comparison with real life and top 1% wealthy but most know that total world wealth is moving more and more into the top wealthiest people. Sorry GGG, I'll say no more as this could easily get into a censorship area fast.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
About more base life, I hope that life nodes would fall about 10% (so 5% node is 4%; 10% nodes are 8%, 8% nodes maybe 6.4% ect) so life nodes builds would have around same HP as now while other would have more survivability
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
I have over 36 different builds. OP says theres finally build diversity. OP is wrong. it was always there, just take off the blinders.

how do all 36 of your builds fare against atziri ?

Why are you using one single OPTIONAL boss as your standard for whether a build is viable or not?
I really can't stand forum posters who sign their posts every damn times.
What I'm most excited to see are these mystery "Magic items with a specific, new, build-defining mod". Could they be skill specific bonuses? Will we go back to the days of D2 where you'd grab a +skill staff from akara? Current vaal-orb-only mods available on items you don't need to corrupt? Keystones available on non-uniques? weird stuff that doesn't even exist yet? I got no clue!

Not to mention Masters will sell you skill gems and uniques. Making a build from scratch will never be better. Combined with the supposed cuts to life nodes, we may actually end up with a totally different game.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info