Cloud based PoEing?

apparently, Steam is bringing out a cloud rendering service that allows you to stream games directly onto devices. then, you don't need good specs to play the games, because you're downloading the already rendered content. It's called OnLive. I would love to play poe on my tablet!! please GGG, make sure poe is part of this service!!
If they wanted to put the game onto Onlive, they would have done it already. Onlive is not a recent service.
haha ok didn't know that. get with the times float!!
Actually, what I was referring to isn't called OnLive, and it's not exactly cloud streaming, but from your desktop to other devices on your network;

"It’s the idea that if you already own a powerful gaming PC, you might not need a dedicated game console at all. Valve and Nvidia are both working on ways to deliver high-end gaming to any television, and to other screens around the house. Your gaming rig would handle all the intensive computing, then it would stream the video and audio to a less powerful device over your wireless router."

edit: this could probably be moved to off-topic, sorry.
Last edited by Float on Jul 31, 2014, 3:14:58 AM
It's called In-home Streaming, if I remember it correctly.

Dunno if it already works with PoE or if there is need for a patch.
desync + input lag you sure u want that ?
Streaming games is nothing new, it's been possible for a while. But you need a 10gb router/network for the best performance, the latency can be unnoticeable on such a connection. You still need a good computer because it uses a computer on your local network to run the game.
"
ibase wrote:
This! ^

and for some reason my game have more freeze and desync while I am on Steam. Move back to the launcher last night and game performance is much better.

My pc spec can handle BF4 720p in all high so I dont think my pc is the real issue.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
"
Exorcist901 wrote:
"
ibase wrote:
This! ^

and for some reason my game have more freeze and desync while I am on Steam. Move back to the launcher last night and game performance is much better.

My pc spec can handle BF4 720p in all high so I dont think my pc is the real issue.

That's strange, I don't have those performance issues while playing through Steam.

Do you allow background downloads or install new games while playing PoE through Steam? Installing might explain the freezes and the network drain of downloads might explain the "desync".
gaming over streaming services will be the end of gaming as we know it.

why? because it will give distributors total control on: if, when and how long you're allowed to play their game.

they will introduced cheap and as soon as offline gaming is more or less dead, prices will rise to the usual monopoly ripp off prices.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info