New Challenge League will be 3 Months instead of 4

No Judgement. 3 sounds fine to me.

Discuss what you think about this People. :D

"
New Challenge Leagues

With the release of Forsaken Masters, we're starting a pair of new Challenge Leagues - Rampage and Beyond. These leagues are self-contained economies and provide an opportunity for players to demonstrate their mastery of Path of Exile.

The new leagues contain eight difficult challenges. Players who complete five of these challenges will be rewarded with an exclusive microtransaction effect. Completing all eight challenges rewards you with another, different, exclusive microtransaction effect. The first 50 players to complete all of the challenges will receive a Rampage/Beyond t-shirt.

These challenge leagues last for three months. We'll be starting a second set of challenge leagues in December.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Jul 30, 2014, 9:26:34 PM
Perfect to stop the burnout.

However, 3 months and first 50 suggest 8/8 will be a lot easier, a lot easier than it's ever been.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
GGG wanted a six-month development cycle instead of a four-month one. Sounds like they decided to push ahead with exactly that.

It's not like they managed to keep a four-month development cycle this time as it was (not knocking them, just an observation that four months proved to be insufficient for their needs), so it's probably better that they just allocate themselves the time they need and plan further in advance to give us leagues to keep us busy. Though I did have fun in the one-month league, it's no seasonal league.

Also, I wonder if the economies will be better in 3-month leagues as opposed to 4-month leagues? I know in the last month of Ambush, the economy kind of tanked.
Last edited by AllisonW on Jul 30, 2014, 9:32:29 PM
"
AllisonW wrote:
Also, I wonder if the economies will be better in 3-month leagues as opposed to 4-month leagues? I know in the last month of Ambush, the economy kind of tanked.

Nothing to do with the length really, there were a lot more problems with the economy :D
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
I've felt since late domination that 4 month leagues were too long so this is a welcome change.
Yeah, I think this will be a positive change, for us and GGG.

By the 3 month mark I have accomplished all that I want. The last month is always me just messing around with alts or some shit. And it gives them the time they need to (hopefully) provide better quality expansions.
What does it mean for the 'bringing stuff from challenge leagues over to standard' timeline? Will it mean that it will take 7 months instead of 5?
Yup agree good change for both us and i hope GGG
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
Khisanth wrote:
What does it mean for the 'bringing stuff from challenge leagues over to standard' timeline? Will it mean that it will take 7 months instead of 5?

More likely it will take 3-4. They'll still be doing smaller patches in between, so they can just add the new mods in one of those once that league is over.
Everything you do is sub-optimal.
Last edited by xThreads on Jul 2, 2021, 8:05:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info