RNG was kind to me and now I have some first world problems

I used to play a MF summoner, but when the snapshot nerfs were announced I decided to try something new. Since then I have been playing a split arrow/puncture shadow and enjoying it. Ironically, my drops have been far better than they were with the summoner. Last week I got a Shavs, and just today a Crown of Eyes dropped.

Now I don't know what to do.

I could modify my current build into a lowlife version using these items, but it wouldn't be an optimal use of their power.

I could try making a fotm lowlife build, although I can't afford GG weapons/rings/ammy or anything. I'm concerned that this playstyle is in for a nerf though, so I'm not sure if this is worth it at this point.

I could save the shavs for my summoner, but I'm not super keen on going back to that playstyle.

Or I could sell them and do something else with the currency.

I'm honestly not even sure how to make this decision. What is the likelihood that Shavs and CoE will hold their value after the patch given the different nerf scenarios?

Are nerfs likely to cripple the lowlife play style or merely tone it down a notch while still leaving it a top endgame option?

I could use some advice!
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
There's only a few changes that could hurt the current editions of the items.

1.) Changes to the Pain Attunement node.
You could see a slight damage loss.
2.) Changes to the Low-life threshold and nerfs to RF spell damage bonus.
These are both unlikely to happen and current items won't be changed.

I would hold onto the items until the new patch. If anything, they will increase in value or stay the same.

Go ahead and make a char; you don't need super insane stuff for a low life build to work besides crown and shavs.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Crown of eyes is probably getting nerfed. To me it's the biggest power item and is the most simple method which GGG often does.

So I advise that you don't sell your crown. Whether you make the build or not is up to you, converting your current build to it wouldn't be too bad. Only issue is reflect will be insane without acuity. Even without the lowlife version I know that split crit builds suffer against reflect.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 30, 2014, 8:01:32 PM
"
kasub wrote:
Crown of eyes is probably getting nerfed. To me it's the biggest power item and is the most simple method which GGG often does.

So I advise that you don't sell your crown. Whether you make the build or not is up to you, converting your current build to it wouldn't be too bad. Only issue is reflect will be insane without acuity. Even without the lowlife version I know that split crit builds suffer against reflect.

Yeah, I do my best to avoid reflect maps. I can do noregen and other rip mods easily. Hell, I killed temple piety today with -max resists with absolutely no problems. Physical reflect maps absolutely tear me up though.

I can handle reflect rares if I'm careful -- I just fire a single puncture and let it bleed out. As long as I don't run in guns blazing I'm OK. I'd need to avoid getting my damage so high that I one shot myself.

As far as nerfs go, what about nerfs to the lowlife bonus for bloodrage? I suppose that wouldn't be likely to cripple the build either.

Thanks for the comments all!
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
low life should be reworked to trigger rather than to just check if it's low life or at least refuse to work due to life reservation
[Removed by Support]
You should try low life windripper(if you can afford bow) and go ele specc, there's a build in ranger section
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info