Buildcrafting for people who want a competitive build is dead.

I'm so fucking tired of it, there's nothing that competes with auras, crit nodes, and a few ES nodes.

We aren't talking about a build that's like 30% weaker either, we are talking about aura/crit/es nodes builds being 2-300% better.

There is such a massive leap that it isn't fun crafting builds.

I'm not in mood to explain either. Devs know exactly wtf im talking about, and if they don't they should try to really play the game once every now and then, to feel connection to a build they want to work.

Some people are "lollers" who doesn't care if their build is 500% weaker than really good builds - so long as it works. That's good for them, I am not. I want a balanced game where i can go many paths to achieve the same power.

Yes, these people argue that "wow just play the game and don't get mad at what others play", or something equally redundant.

Mathematically minded people like myself we constantly maximize, to me that's what these games are about, that really is what gear/build focused ARPG's are about. I don't want to come into a party with some build where i can spend 500ex on gear and kill 2 monsters by the time the entire screen is dead.

We compare things, we try to build the best build, and when constantly the game tells us that one way is VASTLY more powerful than any other way, eventually we fucking leave.

I'm starting to get really fed up with PoE's direction, it's like talking to a goddamn wall just like blizzard forums was before everyone fucking left blizzard for good.

Seriously GGG; do you even give a shit about balance, like really?

Why do you not do anything for 2handed?
Why do you let certain builds be FAR(2-300%++) better than anything else.

Man, i'm going to stop but i could write a whole million page long list of things that are completely facerolled design directions/decisions, that leads to completely broken situations, a broken game where the choice is an illusion except for anyone that doesn't care about actually maximizing their characters, and being as powerful as the people they play with.

You Devs know exactly what i am talking about. You let it be, all that broken shit you let it be and rarely do something, only every once in a lightyear does something small get touched.

I haven't played this game really for at least a year because there is nothing that draws me in. I craft the builds first then i start the character, but the fun dies already at the crafting phase and why start a character you know already will never compare? You don't give me any real choices. All the interesting and cool choices simply are vastly inferior.

Atziri's axe for example? Sure very cool item - but to use it for something? Hah! Think again players, it's just there to be a build with 10-20% power of a good build.

You just really don't expand on choices, it's like you don't play the game you don't actually get frustrated how bad 98% of choices are in this game. And i'm not talking about either some stupid shit choices, i'm talking about coherent choices that should add up but just plain suck.

You also have shit like LMP/GMP/CHAIN that totally destroys the game. Over a year ago i was on rampage about them because they ruin the game. They make anything that doesn't use them to kill the whole screen at once garbage builds(with a very few exceptions). They destroy interesting skills for endgame, because they are a million times more effective. All that while adding nothing really to the game in terms of quality of play. So yea, grats, you have them because they sound good on paper and when u talk about what is possible in the game, but in game they destroy the meta.

I'm so tired of caring for PoE that i'm gonna leave. Be stuck with the fucking addicts - because that's what this game is engineered for, and that's the rep you will have in the gaming world if you continue like you have thus far.

Hundreds of people come to you with exactly the same complaints and nearly every single one is blatantly ignored. You just don't get it, PoE has UBER potential but you are not using it. You keep fucking shit up, and no matter if you add some actually good features to the game, like vaal orbs, it doesn't change that at the core this is all about building characters and choices, and choices in this game are fucking broken.

You have very bad balance for skills, weapon types or whatever else you could possibly imagine. And you don't even try to fix it, you let it drive players insane till they leave, and then guess what, you still don't fix it.

You are on some mediocre goals thinking, like "wow we have some players who really like this, so therefore we are doing the right thing all aspects" - and then you refuse to listen to everyone else that's telling you over and over how the game could be better if everyone didn't do the goddamn same things. In the color shade this game is grey for gameplay. Example, if you didn't make endgame about everyone running the same shit, you would not harm anyone - only give players more options and have more fun. Those who like what they do now can still do that.

If you actually decided, "wow our build variety of worthwhile builds really suck, we want to look at things we cannot get to be worthwhile and then improve them till they work", then you could easily do that you are quite brilliant devs too when you are motivated. But it's like as soon as you got some that like what you do you start ignoring everyone that tells you you aren't on the right path.

FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME

LISTEN TO PEOPLE WITH THE SIMPLEST COMPLAINTS

FIX CHOICES SO 95% AREN'T SHIT. IT ISN'T HARD. YOU JUST DON'T CARE. PERIOD. FOR YEARS, SO DONT BRING EXCUSES. WE WANT RESULTS NOT EXCUSES.

Desync thread is the most pathetic long excuse i have ever seen from any devs. Sorry, but that's all it is, an excuse. Deal with it, don't get mad coz i pulled out those big words - sometimes you need to hear the truth and i'll gladly take from flack on that account.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, then it probably is a duck, and PoE is starting to look like just another ARPG, instead of THE ARPG.

I've left some suggestions and tried to bring some of the most pressing issues up lately. I don't demand that my solutions are chosen. What i will say is that if none of those things are addressed i will not be coming back.

I love ARPG's above all other games, but i play random games over PoE because poe really isn't that fun. Especially if you are intelligent you reach the conclusions much quicker that leads to you not being inspired to continue playing. PoE has basic - level problems that are completely ignored, and there are so many of them now that no single individual could ever recite them all in one go.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 30, 2014, 5:59:21 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Stubborn devs? You're the one who is stubbornly posting this same critique over and over and over.

Might as well merge this with the other 10 topics that say the same thing made by the same guy since there is nothing new here.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 30, 2014, 3:13:29 PM
There are several areas of balance that I can agree, need work. Auras are something I'd like tweaked as well. However, acting like a jackass is not that way to make a credible argument. I think you know this. I get that you are frustrated, but this sorta thing is really counter productive.

Also, stating people aren't as intelligent as you if they don't currently or eventually agree with you about something as subjective as 'fun'...come on man. Really? Condescension is like the worst way to win the hearts and minds of people who might very well agree with you if you didn't come off in this way.

I thought you were better than this man.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Protip:
Horrible post, do you even consider reviewing what you actually typed and how others read it?

You posted a wall of rant that's very confusing, I have no idea what your concerns concretely are and why.

Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 30, 2014, 3:26:57 PM

Giant patch changes coming before the next league, literally less than a few weeks away, has been know for 4 months.

OP: "IT'S BEEN 4 DAYS SINCE MY LAST THREAD AND THEY HAVEN'T DONE ALL THE THINGS I BETTER MAKE ANOTHER THREAD"

Like come on man, there's a bunch of changes coming right around the damn corner. Wait and see what flippin' happens.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
^That, OP has been crying a river on the forum the last week, asking no nerf everything into the ground lol.

Crackmonster wants to nerf:

-On handed nodes
-ES nodes
-Crit
-Daggers
-Wands
-Shavs
-CoE
-Low Life
-Atziri's Acuity
-Auras
-LMP
-GMP
-Chain

Or basically anything that is not worthless needs to be nerfed till there's nothing left and Crackmonster can sleep in peace, knowing that nothing is powerful anymore.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 30, 2014, 3:31:32 PM
I wont quote entire OP but

+1

So much potential. So much waste. Inability to act. Convoluted balance decisions that seem to be done under influence of highly toxic stuff. Waiting for months/years to fix stuff that is clearly broken and at the same time spending time on what isnt (ui. Sure. Gfx designer cannot balance - so sadly he has to go and be replaced with balance guy. This game does not really need gfx improvements (except performance) but it desperately needs someone with even modest common balancing sense

Atziri acuity - just that. How the hell did that happen??

Add to that spectral throw. Daggers. Entire low life catastrophe. Cocs. Attack speed or gtfo. And many many more..

"
Atziri acuity - just that. How the hell did that happen??

Add to that spectral throw. Daggers. Entire low life catastrophe. Cocs. Attack speed or gtfo. And many many more..

LOL referring to one specific end build that combines all of that, stop trolling please.

-Shavs
-CoE
-Atziri's Aquity
-ST
-Daggers
-Low life
-Auras
-Crit

THAT end build is the problem, not every component on itself.

Please stop crying now, polluting the forum asking for random nerfs when you want to address specific builds in your head.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 30, 2014, 3:38:14 PM
While I'm not a big fan of nerfs, and would generally rather see buffs to bring underused mechanics into line, I can definitely agree with a nerf here. Buffing other mechanics would also buff crit. It needs a good monkey hammering.

And yeah, fuck Atziri's Acuity and the VP nerf it rode in on.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
The previous post of Crackmonster is kind of dead: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/975850

So he thought let me just start another one, slightly different but the same in the core lol.

He's trying to be smart, but in his previous topics it became absolutely clear that his concerns are about a very specific end game build in particular.

Yet he keeps trying to advertise that components of the build out of context are OP, which they are absolutely not

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info