New gaming laptop, almost a new game...

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Any true gamer is not using a laptop for said purpose.

Hahaha. What?

Laptops can be amazing, not everyone is stable in the same place for periods of time. I used a gaming laptop in the military, there was literally no chance of bringing a pc and moving it around.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

Lost" money is relative, I don't care much about the price difference

clearly your not living economic then, for the price difference you could still be having an mobile laptop wich could play games just not an so called " gaming laptop". You said you can play with lower details yourself
Congrats on the new rig!

I have a friend who gets a new top of the line Alienware laptops every other year and writes it off as a business expense. There's not a game out there he doesn't play on full settings. He's richer than I am though. :D
"
ibase wrote:
clearly your not living economic then, for the price difference you could still be having an mobile laptop wich could play games just not an so called " gaming laptop". You said you can play with lower details yourself

Dude will you fucking shut it? You sound like a broken record.

People have different needs than you. You are not them, and they are not you. You use a stationary PC. They use a portable one. Whoop-de-fucking-do. What someone else spends their money on is frankly none of your business.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Jul 30, 2014, 10:08:16 AM
"
rrtson wrote:

Dude will you fucking shut it?

angry gaming laptop user detected, alienware? or asus?
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Any true gamer is not using a laptop for said purpose.

I sit next to my pool with a beer in the beautiful weather while I play. Keep bragging about being a "gamer", not everyone enjoys sitting in their mothers basement in the dark eating stale chips.
Nothing wrong with having both. And to people who are saying $1500 will get you an awesome gaming machine... $1500 wont even buy a top of the line video card.
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
So i bought this new ASUS gaming laptop and after firing up PoE im totally blown away with the graphics and sound.

Its almost like a new game.
I noticed sounds i never even heard before, and the graphics is so smooth even with details on highest settings.
Cant wait to get home and play some more.
Too bad the one-month is finishing soon, i starting to get geared up.
Well the new leagues starting soon will last longer, i really looking forward to this.

Such an awesome game this is.
I usually don't buy micro-transactions but now maybe i will, i just realized my char really looks like shit.

Gratz on your new laptop! I recently switched from a 17 inch crappy monitor to a new 22 inch wide screen thing and the change was remarkable, seemed like a new game to me too, even on my crappy Dell desktop. Enjoy :)
So now "Pc vs. laptop" is a thing

and being a "gamer" is based on your hardware not so much if you enjoy playing games.

sigh...

edit: congratz on the new laptop
Last edited by mraistlin on Jul 30, 2014, 10:37:48 AM
"
ibase wrote:
angry gaming laptop user detected, alienware? or asus?

Neither. I run a dual setup. One upstairs, one downstairs. Lenovo as my workstation, and Sager as my lounging PC. I can play PoE while I'm: watching TV on the couch, snacking at the kitchen counter, or while I'm sitting on the toilet taking a shit (jokes).

You don't need a monster GPU/CPU to run PoE. I can already turn the game up to max settings with a constant 90FPS. I'm sorry that you're too poor to afford portability. Must suck to be stuck in front of a desk all day.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info