New gaming laptop, almost a new game...

So i bought this new ASUS gaming laptop and after firing up PoE im totally blown away with the graphics and sound.

Its almost like a new game.
I noticed sounds i never even heard before, and the graphics is so smooth even with details on highest settings.
Cant wait to get home and play some more.
Too bad the one-month is finishing soon, i starting to get geared up.
Well the new leagues starting soon will last longer, i really looking forward to this.

Such an awesome game this is.
I usually don't buy micro-transactions but now maybe i will, i just realized my char really looks like shit.
Last bumped on Feb 16, 2017, 8:18:04 PM
facepalm

gaming laptop

"gaming laptop"

sir...

provide yourself with 499 € quality headphones and an 80 € usb dc ampli fi if you want to hear good music

plus get a real gaming computer not a laptop
"
ibase wrote:
facepalm

gaming laptop

"gaming laptop"

sir...

provide yourself with 499 € quality headphones and an 80 € usb dc ampli fi if you want to hear good music

plus get a real gaming computer not a laptop

Goddamn when will people like you get with the times?

There most certainly is such a thing as a gaming laptop, there has been for quite a while, and some of the high end ones are pretty damn awesome. Yes, high end desktops are still better, but we don't all play our games in the same place all the time.

Dude just got a new toy and you want to pee on his parade out of nothing but ignorance and spite.

@OP, I'm on an Asus GS 750. I've tried the more expensive names in gaming laptops, including a hideously expensive and impractial custom built Origin Eon. The Asus has been the best (and cheapest) of all of them so far, I love it.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jul 30, 2014, 9:22:10 AM
its not a matter if they exist its a matter of the money you lose when buying that so called " gaming laptop".

gaming laptop = 1200 €
battlestation = 600 €

battlestation = more peformance
---------------------------------

so stop believing gaming laptops r good
There is most certainly a difference between gaming on a a laptop, and buying a "gaming laptop".

Any true gamer is not using a laptop for said purpose.

That doesn't mean you can play games nicely on some laptops, you can, but lets get real about PC gaming. It's not even close.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
ibase wrote:
its not a matter if they exist its a matter of the money you lose when buying that so called " gaming laptop".

gaming laptop = 1200 €
battlestation = 600 €

Well, you still buy the laptop for mobility reasons. If you want to have a nice game session in your hotel room, you'll have everything to your comfort. Despite that an actual useful graphic card and so on in your laptop might find other utility other than gaming aswell.

Also lol at this "true gamer" elitism floating around here.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 30, 2014, 9:27:02 AM
1500 $ dollar gaming laptop are really performing well nowadays.

But for the same price, you get insane desktop computer...
So basically gaming laptop is only good when you are always moving for business reasons...
IGN TylordRampage
Speaks volumes when someone needs to buy a new computer to play PoE. This game should work fine on 10 year old machines. (This isn't an insult at the OP, rather the optimization of PoE, even I get FPS issues at times and my computer cost over £1000)
"
Peenk wrote:
Speaks volumes when someone needs to buy a new computer to play PoE. This game should work fine on 10 year old machines. (This isn't an insult at the OP, rather the optimization of PoE, even I get FPS issues at times and my computer cost over £1000)

I hope it's 1000 brit bucks back then. :X
"
ibase wrote:

gaming laptop = 1200 €
battlestation = 600 €

"Lost" money is relative, I don't care much about the price difference, and using a desktop isn't an option for me a lot of the time. I haven't tried a $1200 laptop (good gaming laptops are generally $2k+), but the ones I have owned have been substantially better than a $500-600 desktop as you describe.

It's nothing to do with "good" or not, they are fucking great if you want to play games and you can't take a desktop with you. I'd rather have slightly reduced performance and be able to play when I want than have the best of the best and hardly ever be able to use it.

Your needs and the needs of others aren't the same. Just because $600 seems to be a big deal to you and you can play your games in the same place every day, doesn't mean that applies to everyone else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info