That was a low blow Chris

Ok, first off, you were my favourite devs, still probably are. You made a really great game and even tough it has many mistakes, its amazing and free to play.

And the decisions you made regarding f2p is what made you my favourite dev. You didn't offer any advantages in your cash shop, and this is why i supported you.

You were also pretty honest with your community and pretty open to it. And this brings me to the latest irk.

I feel insulted. I feel like Chris actually went out and called this community retarded in our faces. I quote Chris here "The shop button now fits in better with the rest of the UI and doesn't stand out so much. The reason it's wider now is because the dollar sign was immersion-breaking and didn't localise well into other languages."

Really? The new 3 times bigger and severall times brighter button is less immersion breaking? The giant green SHOP is less immersion breaking than a sign that is well implemented as part of the ui. Don't bullshit, its because you want more people to go to the shop. Say it like that. If you bullshit about some immersion breaking bullshit, you could have went straight with your token sign, but no, a giant green shop button is way less immersion breaking. It pretty much reminds me of korean p2w games with no production value only aimed at marketing.

And while yes, i understand its a buisness for you, im perfectly fine with you making buisness oriented decisions, just dont fucking lie and bullshit to the community, and continue beeing the awesome devs you were.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Oooo someone's feisty
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Oooo someone's feisty

Way to contribute absolutely nothing to the discussion.

To the OP, I somewhat agree. Giving a reasoning of 'immersion breaking' and then making the button twice the size seem hypocritical. I understand the reasoning for changing it from a $ sign though.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
I thought that sentence was hilarious as well. I think the main idea for this UI "improvement" was to get that button to cut through more, however they solved it in the most tacky way possible. Make the UI background darker so there's as large contrast as possible to the neon green and of course spell it out so there's no doubt what it do...

This is how it should've been done in my opinion:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/983931
"
PoExchange wrote:
Last edited by Illviljan on Jul 30, 2014, 4:00:03 AM
I'm guessing "immersion breaking" is for the Asian market where the dollar sign is not recognized the same way. He specifically pointed out that it didn't localize well into other languages.

Would prefer something like the above screenshot though. A lot more stylistic.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 30, 2014, 4:28:30 AM
marketing strategy changed from closed beta: "support the company and it's ideas for this game and get some microtransactions to proudly show your support" to release: "buy our mictrotransactions if you wanna look cool but only if they're on sale cause that's what they're really worth".

i would have put "support" on the the new "shop" button.

but things have changed, deal with it.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
kasub wrote:
I'm guessing "immersion breaking" is for the Asian market where the dollar sign is not recognized the same way. He specifically pointed out that it didn't localize well into other languages.

Would prefer something like the above screenshot though. A lot more stylistic.

That it does not localize well into other languages is bullshit as well. While sure i understand it for the american market, but the dollar sign is kinda universally known. Everyone knows its a sign for money, heck the whole world uses petrodollar. And if its such an issue with localization, i bet any random guy wich minimum photoshop knowledge on the forum can turn the dollar button into any currency button you wish for.

Reddit had a lot of nicer suggestions, as well like the one PoExchange posted.

I know why they are pushing the shop, but hey, why not put it into the login screen where it does not break immersion, and leave the ingame thing as minimal as possible, or you know, merge it with the menu and put it together with all the menu options.

But no, they have to pull some BS excuses.

Edit:
I guess as long ggg gets money its not immersion breaking, like lets say a trademark that you slap on your feet and become a walking razer commercial ingame. (totally not immersion breaking tough).
Last edited by deathspenalty on Jul 30, 2014, 6:08:49 AM
I have to admit, that new cash shop icon is massively more immersion breaking than the old...

Also, the color of the ui is too concrete-jungle gray, not enough rich deep color.

Also, the menu key is fucking just as bad as the new cash shop. I mean, basically never noticed the old menu keys, this one is all in my face screaming "hide me out of sight". It's a good idea with only 1 key, but please make it look good then.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
deathspenalty wrote:
I quote Chris here "The shop button now fits in better with the rest of the UI and doesn't stand out so much."

Really? The new 3 times bigger and severall times brighter button is less immersion breaking?

Im pretty sure he meant the one in the updated UI change preview fitted better and stood out less than the one in the previous UI change preview they posted, not less than the $ sign we currently have.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Jul 30, 2014, 6:23:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info