Skill suggestion: Addle (Curse)

Or, the PoE version of Dim Vision.

Reduces the cursed targets' accuracy, light/awareness radius, mana regeneration, and stun recovery.

Mechanical thoughts:
- Accuracy debuff could be flat or percentage; either way it should add together with the players' sources of increased accuracy, so that a player investing in this stat is less affected. (Enfeeble may work this way, in which case the combined percentages shouldn't go past 100%) 30-50% range from 1-20 if percentage and stacking with Enfeeble; 30-70% if not (though this does make evasion a less usefully stackable stat when one also takes sources of Blind into account)
- Light radius is only relevant in PvP, and underground PvP at that (unless it's possible to alter ambient light levels while the curse is in effect); awareness is only relevant in PvE (and possibly overpowered or difficult/impossible to implement, but dunno; it's not a mandatory aspect of the skill). Again, additive with player sources of the mod.
- Mana regeneration debuff, like the accuracy debuff, should add together with the players' sources for the same reason. For impactful play, may make sense to allow this debuff to go over 100% at high levels/quality (i.e.: potentially impacting boss or PvP skill usage, and restricting ordinary enemies to normal attacks)
- Reducing mana totals would be unnecessarily confusing in PvP (i.e.: if they're using clarity and other auras, do they end up with a negative available mana pool, or do they lose auras, and if so which ones?), so I'd advise against including that as a mod.
- Same idea on block and stun recovery: additive with player sources. Also stacks additively with Vulnerability; so, combined values should cap out around 60% reduced block and stun recovery.

Attribute alignment: Intelligence, possibly also Dexterity.

Disclaimer: I haven't played PvP in a long time (not since the game was released, I think), so I'm not sure how important non-life, non-block defenses are, there; this curse would make them more so.

The goal here is to add another defensive curse, with a distinct playstyle from that of Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, and Punishment (and for that matter from Enduring Cry and Immortal Call, but those aren't curses).
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
cant talk for pvp but I dont see this ever being used in pve instead of enfeeble/tempchain.

Well unless you make the reduced vision as strong as it was in d2, making it probably op (and the other components irrelevant)
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Last edited by Amiag on Jul 29, 2014, 8:51:10 PM
I don't see it having any effect on accuracy. We already have a curse, Enfeeble, and a support gem, Blind, that reduce an enemy's accuracy.

As to the mana degeneration*, and reduced mana pool, that would only affect players in PvP. As a general rule of thumb, NPCs don't really worry about mana and such.
I'm afraid that stun recovery thing would make GS totally OP??
d:-D*
I'd rather have *iron maiden* (punishment buffed so enemies die after 3-4 hits)
and *confusion* so they attack each other.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
I'm afraid that stun recovery thing would make GS totally OP??

If you have a setup that relies on dual curses (vulnerability and addle) along with getting enough damage output, stun threshold, and stun duration to stun reliably with ground slam, wouldn't that deserve to feel OP?
Especially considering that there are PvP and PvE counters to stun already (block/stun recovery on items and flasks, Unwavering Stance, and unwavering monsters).

I don't have time to find the quote (late for work as it is), but I'm pretty sure Chris has mentioned that monsters do have, and use, mana - specifically he mentioned this in the context of changing it so that monster mana scales "more naturally", if I remember right.

You just don't notice it because most enemies die too quickly (or kill too quickly) to run out.

The point of decreasing accuracy is that the curse makes you clumsy, not slow (at least, not in that sense): that it could stack with Enfeeble under a dual-curse setup is not a point against that penalty, in my view.

Confusion would also be a fun curse, but that's a separate suggestion, isn't it?
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"

You had me at dim vision.

+1 for it if it includes the reduced light/awareness radius
Oblivious

Report Forum Post