Infernal Blow Block

Ok, i know you cna block the first half of the attack with normal block.
What about the explosion part is it blockable by normal block or spell block?

Because if i roll crit am i going to kill myself?
There are four main Damage types, and these are all mutually exclusive: Attack, Spell, Damage over Time, secondary.

IB's explosion deals secondary Damage.
Block/Evasion/Dodge works against Attack Damage.
Spell Block/Spell Dodge works against Spell Damage.
meaning i can't block it and i kill myself to reflect?
You cannot Block it.
You can survive it.
Infernal Blow is very powerful skill. It is capable of oneshotting whole groups of enemies. But with great power danger of reflect comes hand in hand. You have to keep it in mind while theorycrafting and have solutions ready when it starts becoming a problem..

Spoiler
my recent IB build uses Arctic Armor for instance.. Its not the only solution (I think minority of IB builds use AA) though, Im pretty sure you will figure something out easily
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jul 30, 2014, 3:52:09 AM
"
mikey144 wrote:

Yes. Crit IB is unplayable, because of explosion damage reflecting back at the attacker. No point in trying that build untill they fix this.
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
mikey144 wrote:

Yes. Crit IB is unplayable, because of explosion damage reflecting back at the attacker. No point in trying that build untill they fix this.

unplayable? 95%-100% fire resist (with flask) does not work either?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
mikey144 wrote:

unplayable? 95%-100% fire resist (with flask) does not work either?

It might, but after all the crit nodes that I took to make my sword crit % decent I don't have enough HP or enough points to travel to mara start zone in order to take the extra 2%max fire res there. If you manage to have a 100% fire res at the moment of blowing up hudge packs, then you would be totally fine, but in the end your single target dps wouldn't be spectacular and non-crit IB clears almost the same way(Its not a big singular explosion of gore, but it can stack more HP.)
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Aug 4, 2014, 6:32:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info