What is wrong with my elemental wander? someone please help me :'(

Here's all my gear and stuff so you can check it out

Now here's my skill tree right now on my level 65 Templar ele wander.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVbDkgRlhRNFy8ZhRmKGjgabBqPHwIkPCSqJpUnqSlPLR8yiTbFNulG10lRTLNQMFBCUzVVS1XGVdZX4lptXcZjQ2TnZk9tGW1sbXtwu3flfll_xoCkgUmCHoV9iGuLjIw2j0aQVZu1naOdqp2uogCiLqKjpwinXKeEsji1BLVIwfPPZdDQ2CTbC-Fz42rjhOQi7DjtIPAf9tr60vsJ_Ks=

You can see all my links and stuff up above.

Maybe one of you can explain to me why I'm only doing 1800 dps out of town with anger/wrath on.
While other players doing almost the exact same build do easily 5k-20k. And my gear is not that bad either.

Crit chance with power charges is 55%, with 264 multiplier.

My buffs are in alphas so they are both basically level 18.

I can barely even do the city of sarn :(

I'd really really appreciate some constructive feedback, thanks :)
Last edited by bubblynuggets on Jul 29, 2014, 7:44:36 PM
1. Most people run level 20 or 21 anger/wrath, so they'd be at 22 or 23. You're 4-5 levels behind on your auras, which means you're already starting out with only 70% of the normal base damage.
2. You're missing Influence and Inner Force in the tree. Both of these are essential to increasing your aura's effects. Since Piscator builds are 99% reliant on auras for damage, it's important that you get both IF and influence.
3. Yes, your gear is actually very, very ill-suited for a Piscator. It's the kind of stuff I would just vendor. Not saying it's complete trash, just saying you shouldn't compare yourself to full versions of the build when you're equipment isn't to par.
4. All your gems are low level. Each level means a lot on support gems. Also, your Power Siphon should be level 1 on a Piscator build; additional levels will only hurt the build.
5. Try a crit multiplier gem instead of Faster Attacks.

Basically, you're going to have to wait until you're over level 85 with max-level gems and high-end gear until you can compare yourself to end-game versions of this.

Edit: As a short-term, temporary solution, I recommend taking Chain off and using Elemental Proliferation instead, along with Crit multi instead of Faster Attacks. It'll give you pseudo-AOE damage while keeping your single-target DPS a little higher.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Jul 29, 2014, 8:32:13 PM
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
1. Most people run level 20 or 21 anger/wrath, so they'd be at 22 or 23. You're 4-5 levels behind on your auras, which means you're already starting out with only 70% of the normal base damage.
2. You're missing Influence and Inner Force in the tree. Both of these are essential to increasing your aura's effects. Since Piscator builds are 99% reliant on auras for damage, it's important that you get both IF and influence.
3. Yes, your gear is actually very, very ill-suited for a Piscator. It's the kind of stuff I would just vendor. Not saying it's complete trash, just saying you shouldn't compare yourself to full versions of the build when you're equipment isn't to par.
4. All your gems are low level. Each level means a lot on support gems. Also, your Power Siphon should be level 1 on a Piscator build; additional levels will only hurt the build.
5. Try a crit multiplier gem instead of Faster Attacks.

Basically, you're going to have to wait until you're over level 85 with max-level gems and high-end gear until you can compare yourself to end-game versions of this.

Edit: As a short-term, temporary solution, I recommend taking Chain off and using Elemental Proliferation instead, along with Crit multi instead of Faster Attacks. It'll give you pseudo-AOE damage while keeping your single-target DPS a little higher.

First off thanks for the reply.

I realize my gear isn't very good but it's all I can afford being as poor as I am :(

I'll start going for IF AND influence right now on my tree, thanks.

I never even thought about not leveling up my power siphon :p thanks for that information

I'm sure all of this information is gonna help, thanks ;)
As the previous poster said, you just need to get higher level auras/gems. I switched to ele wander at 65 and it wasn't anything great. Think I had 1100dps on it. It takes a while but it does get better. I'm 74 right now and I demolish 68 maps, and I still only have 1800dps on power siphon (5L). When I see post that they have 5k dps, I can't even imagine yet how they must just run through maps 1 shotting everything. My only problem right now is that I can't sustain it and so I need to attack and back track a lot, but even then this build is already doing great and I'm clearly fairly quickly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info