Who keeps coming up with these weird decisions on "improvements"

-People don't like the fitment of the new flasks

-They don't like the shop button.

-They want the ladies.

-They like the old color pattern.

I mean, if I'm a rational developer, I take this feedback and apply it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I mean, seriously. There are quite a few at GGG. Nobody stands up and say: WTF, guys. NO!

Hire me for a month or so, I'll set everything straight.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Warmey wrote:
-People don't like the fitment of the new flasks

-They don't like the shop button.

-They want the ladies.

-They like the old color pattern.

I mean, if I'm a rational developer, I take this feedback and apply it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I mean, seriously. There are quite a few at GGG. Nobody stands up and say: WTF, guys. NO!

Hire me for a month or so, I'll set everything straight.

First: you are just full of yourself. Get real.

Second: it was a gigantic thread about UI improvement. you'd get surprised a lot about how important that is for new players. A lot of the changes are sound, even if some things are ugly.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Thing is, I could get over the absolute downgrade proposed for the UI, if it weren't for all the neglected areas. Some sort of inventory filter or sort feature? Yes please. Old man balls hugging my mana ball? No thanks.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
Old man balls hugging my mana ball? No thanks.

lol. true

You know, someone thought this through at HQ. They went to Chris and said, look at the new UI, we got them new statues.

And Chris probably said: Look aiiight.

LOOKS AIIGHT!??! I'd be like, WTF are you guys on? Put back dem girls.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
A lot of the changes are sound, even if some things are ugly.

You call changing the girls to some random statues, sound?!?

I mean, wtf. What possible reason there is in changing that. There is no issue, everyone sees the globes, just fine. How does it help me in having those previous statues.

Is ideas like that make people rise an eyebrow. What's the deal.

I mean, sure, play around with balance, improve pre-existing art, etc. Improve technical stuff, but wtf was wrong with statues. They fit perfectly with the ambiance, the lore, the slaves.
Last edited by Warmey on Jul 29, 2014, 5:18:35 PM
I'm personally confused about the idea to change the girls in the first place. They mentioned making them less obstructive or something, but who honestly notices them if they're not just farting around in town or something. You have GIGANTIC BLUE AND RED BALLS to look at, they're pretty hard to obstruct.

The "shop" button though, who cares? There's already a dollar sign button in the exact same place. It isn't going to distract me any more than it already does (IE: not at all).
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
ppl complain about the chat layout for 2 years now they want it resizable open trade chat kills fps on most machines countless complains in feedback
there is a small minority asking for colourblind support

i havent read a single complain about the look of the ui

why would you dump resources in an aspect that is perfectly fine for your customers ?
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Probably trying to expand into the Arab world so they have to remove the sexually charged stuff. When companies first start out they rebel and boast about not wanting to sell out and that they have a specific vision.

BUT once they get used to the money they want MORE so they compromise that vision. This always happens and we are seeing the beginning of it with GGG. It is a mistake though in this day and age where people discuss everything endlessly. If you lose your integrity then you will never live it down.
Im all for UI updates. I just think they would have more success if they provided a UI that's customizable. That way it's up to each player how they want things.
GGG is a bunch of people working on the game they love. When one of your friends (who you also employ) looks to you and says "What can I do now?" and all he can do is design UI improvements you say "Why don't you try to make some changes to the UI?". The guy goes "Great! I've wanted to make a few changes!" And he does.

That's probably the level of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info