Throwing spears/javalins

I'd like to see a new approach on ranged chars. Presently, bow users enjoy the benefit of 2 potential 6L's and the safety(?) of being at range. Spectral throw is on the right track, but I would like to see something like spears or javalins in the main hand and a shield in the off hand. It would prob be too hard to do, but it would be neat to have throwing weapons that could be used with all of the bow gems.

-Dragon

DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I was just thinking the other day that it would be nice to get more base weapons, namely spears and some throwing skill gems asssociated with it. This would be a big job to do, but exciting i think.
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
Yea, one of my all time favorite builds in D2 was the lightning javazon! We need more ways to be ranged since melee is... shall we say, plagued with desync.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
In my opinion ST needs to be redesigned so it is similar to bow and wand skills and that it only works with specific weapons, like throwing weapons.

In it's current design ST is the most effective and efficient skill for most melee builds. A ranged skill being the best option for melee characters or melee characters that can be ranged with no downside.

Ranged characters can use any melee weapon and start throwing it around without any downside.

The design of ST is against the principles of classes and alignment and it's really exposes the disbalance between melee and ranged.

+ 1 for throwing weapons to introduce together with a redesign of ST and replacing AoE melee skills

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info