CI Crit Scepter Marauder

So I wanted to try something totally different from other builds and it hit me: why don't people uses scepters is it. Maybe it's because they are hard to roll. But when a scepter rolls well its is comparable to that of a dagger.

vs

The scepter is from the one month so its not impossible to get them.

Next what class should I pick?

The shadow has nice set of crit nodes but if you looked over it the marauder has so much more and it not weapon specific. (disemboweling and deadly precision)

Then i noticed how easy it was to get es by cutting across the tree with mace nodes being that scepters are considered 1 handed maces.

This also lead to me finding out how easy it was to get to zealots oath or vaal pact as a marauder and even conduit and ghost reaver and ci were not out of my grasp.

So I wanted to try something totally different from other builds and it hit me: why don't people uses scepters is it. Maybe it's because they are hard to roll. But when a scepter rolls well its is comparable to that of a dagger.

vs

The scepter is from the one month so its not impossible to get them.

Next what class should I pick?

The shadow has nice set of crit nodes but if you looked over it the marauder has so much more and it not weapon specific. (disemboweling and deadly precision)

Then i noticed how easy it was to get es by cutting across the tree with mace nodes being that scepters are considered 1 handed maces.

This also lead to me finding out how easy it was to get to zealots oath or vaal pact as a marauder and even conduit and ghost reaver and ci were not out of my grasp.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEADkgRLxGWE8wVUBXXFkAYsBnpHNwdFCECJIsk4Sj6LL8x-zyOP5tBP0NjRIFHBk3YT_NQVFHmVAtWY1cNV8lY9VnzW_RfP19qY0NmT2aeZ1hwUnFNcql7jHy7f8Z_44FJhX2GrotPjHaPRpB0kc6SfZMnmG-ZmprPm1ido53EnjynCKc0rKqyOLQMtC-297cxuJO77cAawFHBxcLszNvXAteG3CPeweOE5FHkreXP567ofel86hjquutj6-7y4fPq9zL3wfrS-0X8qxa_h9umf-1BsbO1SA==

As you can see the build is not what most people would expect when you see a marauder

I have about 6k es with a voll's on going up to about with a 726 es chest on I have about 8k.

If I were to level up more I would pick up the aura nodes for more es/damage.

The link setup is really important you may want to look at them.

Tne of the biggest things you may notice is that I'm using cast when stunned as a replacement for cwdt. That is because when your ci you get stunned a lot but if you have this setup its takes advantage of that. You can use a max level cws vs the normal level 4-5 setups and with a max cws you can run max level gems /

My dps with lightning strike is around 30k solo because i only run discipline and vitality
but if i ran hatred my dps goes over 40k. That may not sound like much but my build cost less than 4 ex for all of the gear.

reasons for using voll's protector is
1 better than pcoc
2 easy colors
3 5l = 6l
4 global so 4l secondary is 5l

This is a build you can do for cheap its really fun and surprisingly tanky.

Have fun and don't forget to comment!
As you can see the build is not what most people would expect when you see a marauder

My gear

I have about 6k es with a voll's on going up to about with a 726 es chest on I have about 8k.

If I were to level up more I would pick up the aura nodes for more es/damage.

The link setup is really important you may want to look at them.

Tne of the biggest things you may notice is that I'm using cast when stunned as a replacement for cwdt. That is because when your ci you get stunned a lot but if you have this setup its takes advantage of that. You can use a max level cws vs the normal level 4-5 setups and with a max cws you can run max level gems /

My dps with ground slam is around 25k solo because i only run discipline and vitality
but if i ran hatred my dps goes over 36k. That may not sound like much but my build cost less than 4 ex for all of the gear.
v
reasons for using voll's protector is
1 better than pcoc
2 easy colors
3 5l = 6l
4 global so 4l secondary is 5l

This is a build you can do for cheap its really fun and surprisingly tanky.

Have fun and don't forget to comment!
Last edited by jadewing on Aug 13, 2014, 7:18:38 PM
Looks awesome:

2 notes

Zealoths oath and vaal pact dont combine well. If you cant regen life you cant regen ES either. Just recover and leech

Melee dmg on full life doesnt affect the projectiles, those are projectile attacks, and the initial hit is a melee attack, both are calculated totally seperately, the tooltip sad but true is a misleading one since it only shows the melee part. If you are going to use the projectiles Ppad is better, and you surely want to slot in either Added fire or weapon ele for the Melee physical dmg. Of course, if you focus on the melee hit, ignore what ive said, but in that case, you want Melee splash in there instead, and probably want to use a slightly harder hitting skill, like glacial hammer or Infernal blow, maybe even double strike for funz.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
... Wow looks good interesting build there
If you Fail to Plan---Plan to FAIL!!
IGN: Sharariebrum, Katakathamum, _BuBu_, Silba, _Auracle_, And a few others
Last edited by Katakathamum on Jul 29, 2014, 4:43:40 PM
Deleted
Last edited by TheTimeMaid on Jul 29, 2014, 4:43:08 PM
"
Katakathamum wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:
Looks awesome:

2 notes

Zealoths oath and vaal pact dont combine well. If you cant regen life you cant regen ES either. Just recover and leech

Melee dmg on full life doesnt affect the projectiles, those are projectile attacks, and the initial hit is a melee attack, both are calculated totally seperately, the tooltip sad but true is a misleading one since it only shows the melee part. If you are going to use the projectiles Ppad is better, and you surely want to slot in either Added fire or weapon ele for the Melee physical dmg. Of course, if you focus on the melee hit, ignore what ive said, but in that case, you want Melee splash in there instead, and probably want to use a slightly harder hitting skill, like glacial hammer or Infernal blow, maybe even double strike for funz.

WOW this guy here is a little out of sorts
Time to ed-u-ma-kate you on some on your so called notes

Zealoths oath turns all LIFE regen into what is it now read with me SHEILD REGEN you no langer have any LIFE REGEN to wory about ahhh DERRRRRR!!!!

Now Note Number 2
IF you hit with the ORIGINAL HIT in Lightning strike all bonuses are then transferred to the projectiles and they will be GARENTEE'D Hits on the monsters beyond.....If you want to spamm Lightning strike at a distance than treat the Projectiles as PROJECTILES Add projectile jems to lightning strike to be RANGED Lightning strike.

And that's all I have to say about goober here

Nice build by the way looks impressive Jadewing

I got educated by Uber-atziri runners about that, ill say them what you said, lets see if they respond nice.

But however, im not wrong.

"If you have Vaal Pact, it takes priority and you will not regenerate ES.[3]If you have Vaal Pact, it takes priority and you will not regenerate ES.[3]"

Found here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Zealot%27s_Oath

For the second part.

TIME TO ED-U-MA-KATE you.

"It is important to note that despite the confusing wording of this skill, the projectile portion of this attack in no way scales off the melee portion of the attack - in essence, the Lightning Strike skill does two completely separate things simultaneously, a melee attack (which deals 120% of the base damage, and of which 50% of the physical damage is converted to lightning damage), and a ranged attack (which shoots 3 projectiles, which deal 1.2 * 0.7 = 84% of the base damage of the attack each, and of which 50% of the physical damage is converted to lightning damage)"

Found here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_strike
"
Katakathamum wrote:
... Wow looks good interesting build there

Nice Edit
"
leary93 wrote:
Looks awesome:

2 notes

Thank you for the information i have since then edited my build and am now using ground slam tool tip is lower but feels better.
Last edited by jadewing on Jul 29, 2014, 4:58:42 PM
Edited before your post so yup VERY nice GG
"
Katakathamum wrote:

Because you constructed a very offensive post which wasnt even right. But i forgive you.
"
leary93 wrote:
"
Katakathamum wrote:

Because you constructed a very offensive post which wasnt even right. But i forgive you.

^^ Ohh thanks ^^ Nice guy here all

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info