New Uniques (Ideas)

Hello everyone, here i made some unique items i would love to see ingame, just having fun with photoshop, made them using only images from the game, cutting from screenshots of several areas of the map i find interesting, i will continue adding stuff from time to time, as i dont play PoE too often, anyway...

gimi some ideas and i might make the art :D

so here's my First idea, a shield for molten strike maybe? :)

*edited* changed the stats a bit :D

[URL=http://s953.photobucket.com/user/d13r_an6r1ff/media/Shrine%20Shield_zpsmwomy8jg.png.html][IMG]http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae18/d13r_an6r1ff/Shrine%20Shield_zpsmwomy8jg.png[/IMG][/URL]

*edited* changed the stats and the art :)

[URL=http://s953.photobucket.com/user/d13r_an6r1ff/media/Runic%20Sword_zpsndfmixed.png.html][IMG]http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae18/d13r_an6r1ff/Runic%20Sword_zpsndfmixed.png[/IMG][/URL]

as usual, stats are just ideas, im more focused on the art :D

[URL=http://s953.photobucket.com/user/d13r_an6r1ff/media/Wall%20Shield_zpsvwspr1ev.png.html][IMG]http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae18/d13r_an6r1ff/Wall%20Shield_zpsvwspr1ev.png[/IMG][/URL]
Last edited by vane1500 on Mar 23, 2015, 1:24:25 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
where is the drawback? the 8% res?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
what's so unique about it? you can get those stats from other items. i like seeing uniques that offer unique stats like "3% additional chance for slain monsters to drop Scrolls of Wisdom", and "Curses on Slain enemies are transferred to a nearby enemy"
looks nice tame on the game mechanics compared to my pet ideas(so more likely to get created ;P)
As For ideas:
1) A belt fortunas girdle(evasion based) whenever any single damage would kill you half it before applying it, enemies minimum damage is decreased by 30% howevever the maximum damage is increased by 20%, other stats: maybe something low life related, (if a malus is needed to compensate for the first property: inflict a random curse or status effect on you whenever this safes your life)

purpose is to make low life builds more playable, maybe even in hardcore also to synergize with loris Lantern

2)A sceptre Vaals parasitic implement gain 1 normal/2 cruel/3 merciless souls whenever you spend 150+30%maximumvalue of your casting resource with skills(life when blood magic)
other stats: I do not care ;P

oh wait another variant you can replace 30% of a vaals soul requirements with: missing souls*10 mana gain 0.5sec invulnerability after casting a vaal skill(for vaals righteous fire)
Last edited by Welwordion on Jul 29, 2014, 1:52:14 PM
jeez idk, stats are opcional, i made the art
optional*
"
Welwordion wrote:
looks nice tame on the game mechanics compared to my pet ideas(so more likely to get created ;P)
As For ideas:
1) A belt fortunas girdle(evasion based) whenever any single damage would kill you half it before applying it, enemies minimum damage is decreased by 30% howevever the maximum damage is increased by 20%, other stats: maybe something low life related, (if a malus is needed to compensate for the first property: inflict a random curse or status effect on you whenever this safes your life)

purpose is to make low life builds more playable, maybe even in hardcore also to synergize with loris Lantern

2)A sceptre Vaals parasitic implement gain 1 normal/2 cruel/3 merciless souls whenever you spend 150+30%maximumvalue of your casting resource with skills(life when blood magic)

oh wait another variant you can replace 30% of a vaals soul requirements with: missing souls*10 mana gain 0.5sec invulnerability after casting a vaal skill(for vaals righteous fire)

i have no idea what you just say, mind to rephrase? :D
"
vane1500 wrote:
"
Welwordion wrote:
As For ideas:

i have no idea what you just say, mind to rephrase? :D

it's just some examples of his unique property ideas. unique items are not meant to be the strongest items in wraeclast (though some are) but items with properties you can't find among common rare items.

nice art you made nonetheless.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Yeah I like exotic builds, so when considering ideas I always go for special properties that create more possibilities or supplement certain builds I have in mind.

Agreed on the the nice art part :)
The name suggests that it does something to, about, or similar to the shrines we currently have. It doesn't do anything of the sort.

So I'd suggest changing the name.

As to uniques, I don't think you understand them. Just about every unique has a drawback, and some aren't listed.

Look at Icetomb, for example. It offers a huge boost to cold resistance, prevents chills, and increases chill duration on enemies. The unlisted drawback is that it has low defenses, prevents you from getting more than one resistance on your chest piece, and most importantly it lacks any life. It cannot effectively be used on a life build and even then it is a weak choice for ES builds.

Now let's look at a unique with a listed drawback, Lightning Coil. It drastically reduces your lightning resistance while causing physical damage to be taken as the very thing it reduces. Only builds with high lightning resistance and using a Topaz flask can really take advantage of this. It also has an unlisted drawback of having no bonuses to resistances, so this is not only a piece without resistance it lowers a resistance. In fact, it does so badly enough that it counts as about two pieces of gear to counter it.

Uniques are game changers. They change mechanics, add mechanics, enable builds, and have drawbacks that require other uniques, good rares, the use of certain gear setups, and more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info