Decimal points or commas???

hi, I'm from Australia and we were brought up to use decimal points for small numbers and commas for large numbers, for example 0.35 meaning very small (35/100) and 4,500 for like 4500 armour.

but i've noticed some people doing it the other way around. i had a look online and it turns out only US, Britain, and Australia do it the way I was taught at school.

It's just really weird and downright confusing, especially seeing as though it's not completely different, just the other way around. I use a lot of small numbers in my maths on a daily basis, and could not imagine using a comma as a decimal point.

I am 99.99% certain that 99,99% looks wrong lol.
I prefer exclamation points! but none else seems to like it!

I must be the !0001%!
i wish i could use exclamation points, path of exile melted my laptops graphics card or something, and now the top left keys, including 'e', '1' and '2', no longer work. i'm using ctrl+v for 'e', sux when i have to copy something though, i lose my e. thanks ggg.
"
Float wrote:
i'm using ctrl+v for 'e'

Couple tips : you can use alt + 101 to get "e" or remap your keyboard.

Spilled beer on mine once and broke a dozen keys, I remapped the important ones.
I use decimals for everything so I have to fix that in the fucking "amount" window every time I'm trying to wire anything through my online bank account. Maybe there is a rule to it but barely anyone ever heard about it.

But if someone uses a comma for something like 0.45 I sense a retard.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Straya!
"
talsek wrote:
Straya!

I learned something today, god damn.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
I'm NZ, and I was taught the same. 1,001 would very big, but if you did 1.001 it's very small. I'm pretty sure money is always done with ',' though? At least I always see it like that.. Maybe because I'm in a country that does it that way..
If I remember my business administration experience in EVE Online correctly, it's point for decimals and a space for huge number markings. Example: 1 000 000.69 Credits.

Edit: Well, I don't remember it correctly. It's 1,000,000.69 there. I'd prefer the system above thou.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 30, 2014, 4:36:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info