Hired Mercenaries what do you want for them?

So with teaser screenshot #3 its very possible that we may be getting hired mercenaries so while the mini-expansion is still in development I thought it would be a good idea to get peoples thoughts on what they want with hired mercenaries. So to kick things off ill post a few things I would like for the mercenaries.

*Allow the mercs to equip gear maybe not an entire set of gear but at least a weapon, helmet, body armor, and jewelry.

*Choose between a set number of skills to choose from per follower for example a fighter could have a choice between groundslam, sweep, moltenstrike.

*Since customization is a big part of poe why not give the mercs a very small simplistic passive tree no highways just nodes like spell dmg, cast speed, attack speed, physical dmg, life, and maybe 2-3 unique keystones just for followers.

*Option to allow us to set if they are aggressive, defensive(attack when were attacked), or passive so when were just running through mobs they dont attack and die.

For me it would be a shame if we couldnt customize them at all.
Last edited by twistedforce on Jul 29, 2014, 3:43:18 AM
"
its very possible that we may be getting hired mercenaries

pure speculation, objection !
IGN TylordRampage
I just hope hired mercs are not a necessary thing for end-game. I hated equipping and babysitting them in D2, and since there seems to be no drawbacks, like how totems and other minions cost you the opportunity of one gem socket and skill slot, it's likely everyone will be forced to endure the time-consuming merc minigame. Adding an extra inventory sounds like another bother.

If it does turn out to be another summoning skill gem, which opens a portal from which a mercenary steps out, this could be balanced with the current game, but I hope they wouldn't be more powerful than a specter or a few zombies.

"
ionface wrote:
I just hope hired mercs are not a necessary thing for end-game. I hated equipping and babysitting them in D2, and since there seems to be no drawbacks, like how totems and other minions cost you the opportunity of one gem socket and skill slot, it's likely everyone will be forced to endure the time-consuming merc minigame. Adding an extra inventory sounds like another bother.

If it does turn out to be another summoning skill gem, which opens a portal from which a mercenary steps out, this could be balanced with the current game, but I hope they wouldn't be more powerful than a specter or a few zombies.

Thats a good point it was a bit tiresome keeping them up to date on gear and running back to town to get them again. I also doubt they would be that powerful it would seem mandatory then but if there to weak why use them at all? Its one of those things that could go back and forth forever like snapshotting but thats a whole different story.

I want them to not exist.
An AI that deserves the I.
Auras already have problems in this game... adding mercs is only going to make that worse.
Their own stash to mule drops so I don't have to port to town so often.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

make them like in Diablo 2 and i'm more than happy
Hopefully they're aura mules, so we can devote our character build to something slightly more interesting. Like more life.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Last edited by b15h09 on Jul 29, 2014, 10:03:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info