You ruined Standard with Legacy items!

GGG is doing it right... you just whine whine whine.......

I believe they know exactly what they are doing and it is basically the exact way Diablo 2 worked in their ladder system...

most people in diablo 2 played by far the most when ladder resets and the same goes for path

standard to me is the league that is just there to mess around in and if you want the best stuff.. well it's obvious that it will be extremely expensive since well... its PERMANENT...

if you just want ok gear other then hmm the big crazy ones that are always pricey.. mjolnir, coe, shav, soultaker, koams and couple others.. all legacy or normal versions..

its rather easy to get ok gear... and much cheaper on standard since most people dont really care there for decent gear....

people just keeep whining... i want legacy items toooo weeehh but i didnt play during the time it could drop or i played during that time just didnt play enough to get that item.. or i didn't realize it was that insane and then it got popular so fast.. soul taker.. ohhh so sad now that they can't drop (legacy).. but I can't settle with normal versions I want the better one.. even though the normal versions can get u easily past all content in the game you still whine... ohhh people that have it are so OP... good for them they put a lot of effort into it.. that or $$$ lol

Only thing I will accept is if they put all legacy drops possible in HC only that would make it hilarious and maybe just a bit more people to play in standard HC.. it would give them more of a purpose to play in the dead league..

Guess what, there are people playing the game since Closed Beta, and they have earned their right to own legacy items by continuing to support the game and being loyal.

You'll understand once you have been playing this game for 2+ years, and the next wave of new players arrive and complain about the items we have now.

And yes you are "forced" to play leagues if you want to have a place where everyone is on equal footing. HC and Standard are not the places for that.

HC is for the hardcore self found players (since the population is so small and people there basically don't trade)
Standard is for the super rich and crazy build people.

While everyone else plays leagues.
Simply a league with legacy items has not sense to exist (a part to make dps tests). Fix or delete it!
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jul 29, 2014, 4:16:29 PM
"
KenshiD wrote:

Guess what, there are people playing the game since Closed Beta, and they have earned their right to own legacy items by continuing to support the game and being loyal.

I'm from closed beta and that is a load of bull. Legacies either make sense or they don't. If GGG thinks that making those uniques undroppable is necessary then its completely counter intuitive to also leave the existing ones in the game. Being around early doesn't entitle you to what GGG deems to be broken.
Standard Forever
"
Alea wrote:

That emoticon fits pretty well. I had a good laugh after clicking the first link.

"
I'm from closed beta and that is a load of bull. Legacies either make sense or they don't. If GGG thinks that making those uniques undroppable is necessary then its completely counter intuitive to also leave the existing ones in the game. Being around early doesn't entitle you to what GGG deems to be broken.

Well apparently they feel that they do. But while we are at: What is bad about legacy items? Why does me having stashed 4 legacy Soul Taker on HC do to your gaming experience? I constantly read things about wealth. This isnt the stock exchange. Your equity doesnt matter. Just because you have more assets that doesnt mean that the Bank of Wraeclast will offer you a bigger Exalted loan.

Someone having a legacy item means nothing unless he wants to sell it. And if he wants to sell it there need to be people who are willing to pay the price he is asking. These people being willing to do so doesnt put you at a disadvantage, especially since every single unique that got nerfed still fullfilled its purpose. So what exactly is your argument against legacy items? That you dont have any?

Because I can read, read, read and never see you actually having a point. People in this game are so assblasted by someone else having something they dont that it makes most of you look like a bunch of first graders. Because from what I can tell thats the only reason for this agenda as can be seen in one of your earlier posts were you literally say that the fact that someone else owns an item that you cant get anymore effects your experience. I think its time for another appointment with your psychiatrist.
Last edited by nynyny on Jul 29, 2014, 5:32:58 PM
Legacies make perfect sense and add to the game when you consider the economy is front and centre.

They're items that can only be gained through trading and never through drops. The opposite of Bind on Account items that provide items gained only through drops and never through trades.

The issue with legacies lies not in the game itself but rather in player expectations on the primary source of gear which is incorrectly identified as drops, especially since this is very much the case in the early game and further very strongly reinforced by the complete lack of any real trading system whatsoever.

Currently, to many players, legacies hold a position similar to on-disc DLC. All the data is there, they're obviously in the game, yet for some reason it's being held back and gated behind something the player feels forced to essentially do.

If you want player expectations to match up to the realities of legacies then this game needs a trading system that makes trading as pleasant and as natural a part of gameplay as possible. If trading becomes something the player engages in easily without feeling forced to then suddenly legacies are no longer content that can only be gained through out-of-game means but rather a part of the game itself.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
agree with op.

Legacy items are complete BS handicapping all new players enormously. This is not only unfair but also frustrating as hell. So GGG If you want to lose a considerable amount of new players just keep going to make items "legacy".

I would definitively plead to turn back all existing uniques to legacy status.

Also I'm not just another poor guy trying to flame (could actually afford any item in this game). Restoring the items would be just fair and would fix the economy to some extent at least.
IGN Soultakerr
"

Legacy items are complete BS handicapping all new players enormously.

How does someone else owning an item you dont own handicap you in any way? None of the legacy uniques enable builds that their nerfed counterparts dont.
"
So GGG If you want to lose a considerable amount of new players just keep going to make items "legacy".

New players beginning in Standard will be handicaped no matter if there are legacies or not.
IGN : @Morgoth
I cannot agree more with the previous posts.

another thread "I can't afford it, please nerf it" :D best commend.

I don't understand the whole ongoing legacy - OP Gems or Items debate.

Sure for races and competitive PVP we need the best balanced system possible, while players compete against others.

But I cannot see any disadvantage new players got from not having access to legacy items or overpowered skill combos on standard. What is the point?
Who cares about some other random player who have more life with legacy Kaoms or better clear speed with CoE somewhere in Wraeclast? Is that in any way affecting your own build or character?

All legacy uniques who got nerved never lost their main build-enabling stats, so all builds can be made by new players, with nerved uniques.

And for all crying about prices and talking about the "50 years" to afford a legacy Kaoms I can only recommend you some guides on trading/crafting...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TitbMURBfN4
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TciwmnuVKM
youtube.com/Niffler
IGN.: Niffler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info