You ruined Standard with Legacy items!

Legacy items have ruined Standard completely for me, either make every single non-legacy uniques back to their previous state (on standard only) which will be fair to all players and update drops, or remove legacy items completely and don't make another one. Seriously what the hell were you thinking when you removed IIQ gem from the drop list ? What the hell were you thinking when you made legacy items in the first place ? Permanent advantage to the older players and fuck the new ones unless they want to spend ridiculous amount of currency ?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If you're this worried about the game's balance, stop playing Standard. You're essentially asking GGG to nerf existing players and builds down to your level of attainable wealth, despite the fact that they spent a lot of time gearing these characters. If they retroactively update legacy gear, they have to deal with the complaints that people's investments have been ruined. If they enable old versions of uniques to still drop, then they have turned Standard into an actual "easy mode" with better gear. These are both far worse outcomes than retiring the pieces and leaving the people who already have them alone.

If you want to avoid the sense that you're at a playtime disadvantage compared to older players, then this is exactly why GGG created the 4 month leagues. Since you don't seem to want to use this option, you don't have a legitimate complaint.
Last edited by Uvne on Jul 28, 2014, 7:09:21 PM
"
Uvne wrote:
If you're this worried about the game's balance, stop playing Standard. You're essentially asking GGG to nerf existing players and builds down to your level of attainable wealth, despite the fact that they spent a lot of time gearing these characters. If they retroactively update legacy gear, they have to deal with the complaints that people's investments have been ruined. If they enable old versions of uniques to still drop, then they have turned Standard into an actual "easy mode" with better gear. These are both far worse outcomes than retiring the pieces and leaving the people who already have them alone.

If you want to avoid the sense that you're at a playtime disadvantage compared to older players, then this is exactly why GGG created the 4 month leagues. Since you don't seem to want to use this option, you don't have a legitimate complaint.

Basically, you are forced to make new character every 4 months in this game if you want to play on a balanced server, sorry thats a complete BS to me.
"
Luciana713 wrote:

Basically, you are forced to make new character every 4 months in this game if you want to play on a balanced server, sorry thats a complete BS to me.

Its not/will never/was never intended to be a persistent online world.

Its a race to see who can clear the randomly generated maze the fastest, we are merely test subjects.

S L O W E R
"
Its a race to see who can clear the randomly generated maze the fastest

the ones with maphack
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
"
StormHunter wrote:
"
Its a race to see who can clear the randomly generated maze the fastest

the ones with maphack

and bottomless credit cards
S L O W E R
"
Uvne wrote:
If they enable old versions of uniques to still drop, then they have turned Standard into an actual "easy mode" with better gear.

WTF? That gear already exists. You can't say that OP uniques makes standard too easy and also argue that OP legacy gear is fine for the game. Its here now, it impacts the game just as badly in legacy form.

They are either over powered or they aren't.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jul 28, 2014, 8:37:10 PM
"
Luciana713 wrote:

Exactly. Completely agree.
Standard Forever
I hereby demand that all MTG players immediately turn in all their legacy cards, as it may be unfair to newer players.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Simon_GGG on Jul 28, 2014, 9:23:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info