GGG: We need some feedback

I replied to one of the development manifesto topics with this, but I think it would gain more visibility here.

"
I hate to beat a dead horse, so forgive me if this has been answered somewhere else before, but...

Can we get a final verdict on hot-button issues for this game and what the near-future plans are for it?

Namely:

~ Self-Found League (SFL)

~ A New Trade System

~ Anything to do with desync
(Not so much a "final" anything in this regard, but an update would be nice.)

~ News on End-Game Progression

~ "Problematic Currency" such as Eternals/Mirrors

And I'm sure there are several other topics worth including. A new thread from one of you guys at GGG covering these topics would be most appreciated. I don't want to argue about them or have them argued in this thread. I just want to hear your side of it.

Thanks, guys.

As stated, I'm not here to advocate my side or to have others advocate theirs. I just want to know where GGG stands on these things, and I want to hear it from them (since you get the "telephone game" problem if users try to interpret it for them). However, if any of you regular forum users know the answer to any of these and can cite the source, please feel free to copy/paste it here.

Thanks, everyone.

Edit: Bolded points that people seem to have ignored in comments so far.
Last edited by AlbinosaurusRex on Jul 28, 2014, 4:54:06 PM
Most of your questions have been answered.

"
~ Self-Found League (SFL)

No plans for SFL. The whole buffing drops of a separate league is something GGG doesn't want to do(assuming people expect buffed drops in SFL). GGG also thinks the game experience is lessened by such a mode even for people who said they want it.

"

~ A New Trade System

Being worked on, will be released as soon as it's ready.

"

~ Anything to do with desync
(Not so much a "final" anything in this regard, but an update would be nice.)

Chris posted this 9 days ago:

"The reason we don't resync constantly is because it causes everything to jump around and interrupts actions that are in progress. It causes you to get more out of sync if you're trying to move, for example. It's not to do with server capacity.

Our existing plan as detailed in the manifesto should resolve most of the effects of the problems, though. It's just not ready to be deployed to live yet."

So Chris claims most of the sync problems should be resolved when this fix is implemented. No real timeline on that though.
"
~ News on End-Game Progression

Not really sure what you mean by this. If you mean maps then devs are happy with the system. New mods/adjustments will continue(as witnessed). Maps have gotten several buffs in a row to make sustaining maps no longer a huge issue(maintaining 75+ is no longer a huge deal if enough maps are run).

There is hints that the next expansion has less focus on endgame and more on the midgame experience. Atziri is technically a very endgame focused boss.

"
"Problematic Currency" such as Eternals/Mirrors

No dev response regarding this.

Last edited by kasub on Jul 28, 2014, 4:52:34 PM
SFL: Working as intended.

Trade System: Soon™

Desync: Working as predicted.

End-Game: Done.

Currency: Working as intended.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 28, 2014, 4:49:52 PM
self found is not something they want to do

new trading system is coming when it's ready and they won't give a date until they are 100% sure when it's coming

Read the manifesto for desync...still being worked on

I've not heard anything about the currency, if it was implemented it's very likely to stay(and for the like of mirrors it seems to be more of the tinfoil hat paranoid QQ)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Wow, it's like people didn't even read what I said and just went straight at the list.
I'm not going to search for each source so will just tell you where you can find them..

SFL: Athene interview(Athene asks about it more than once)

New Trade system: Podcasts, interviews, Chris has posted about it on the forums, manifesto, his response pasted by other devs in several topics.

Latest desync update: Was posted on reddit 9 days ago by Chris. Of course it's not exactly news but it is an update(over the manifesto).

Endgame progression: Not too sure on the source but I believe maps were discussed the first time Chris appeared in the podcast. Hints about the expansion improving midgame were stated by Charan and Chris has hinted at that as well.

Last edited by kasub on Jul 28, 2014, 5:03:13 PM
you won't hear it for them until the patch has been released most likely and the rest of the responses are what GGG have said and you missed/ignored
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Wow, it's like people didn't even read what I said and just went straight at the list.

Won't cite, too lazy.

I can set up more information based on experience around here:

SFL: I made a huge and embarrassing SFL thread back in the days. It basically ran down in the devs believing that they better help SF players in all leagues instead of band-aiding them with a league of "the one wins who spends more time no-lifing", which basically also applies to the current leagues.

They reacted to the feedback already and added actual crafting recipes through vendoring in the game. They also increased the supply of 4 socket items early on and eased the process of acquiring 4L.

Trade System: It is in development and they are taking their fucking time. Latest news is that we get a band-aid (marketplace tabs on the noticeboard) before something actually good makes it into the game.

Desync: They can't work on it in an conventional way. The engine is too messed up and they are too deep into development already. Which means that they work on monster/player skills and environment instead to ease desync. They have room to better the prediction system, which is what Chris probably meant with experimental stuff not ready last time.

End-Game: The game is already filled with enough end-game for an ARPG. The devs encourage people to reroll characters on purpose. If they decide to play it like D3 instead it's basically their fault. Steam numbers and dev responses on this topic indicate that they have a much bigger issue to work on: New player retention instead of content only a minority touches. GGG confirmed that they are working on that front for the upcoming expansion.

Currency: Not really any official response on this matter other than the inclusion of Vaal Orbs. They are designed to kill them Legacy Items. Derp.

Imo the static item sockets are more of a hurt for market value than anything else considering the ever-changing meta of the game. The Eternal Orb was introduced on purpose before the Vaal Orb to grant control in crafting for those dedicated players who spend too much time in-game. It's not relevant to the majority of players anyway as barely anybody sees them.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 28, 2014, 5:21:25 PM
"
I just want to know where GGG stands on these things, and I want to hear it from them

If GGG wasted their resources in responding to every random dude opening random threads on the forum, we'd be doing Hillock runs all day while excitedly waiting for Lioneye's Watch to be implemented in the new content expansion.
These are just your issues, no reason why should you create another topic because you got "ignored" there.
Imagine everyone was copypasting their posts to new threads just because they don't pay attention to previous GGG answers.
Last edited by phoenix4dota on Jul 28, 2014, 5:26:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info