PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Damage types in atziri runs

I'm designing a block self-caster build for atziri runs, since all of my previous builds were designed to clear maps fast or solo-MF Dom. Tell me if this is right:

Vessel of vaal - mostly lightning so PoL + Saffell + Topaz flasks, CWS + IC is useless so run something else

3 generals - only bleed, phys, chaos so run something like Crest of Perandus and stock up on chaos res + staunching flasks + vitality (ele res doesn't matter, right? I can have negative res here? If this is true, 75% chaos is very easy to get). Also, which order should I kill them in considering I'm running a block build?

Atziri - bleed, lightning, fire so run Saffell with PoL + PoF + AA and spell totem + enfeeble, along with topaz, ruby, and anti-bleed flasks, and CWS-IC is useless so run something else

Does this sound right?
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Jul 28, 2014, 3:56:52 PM
On the second boss, the dual striker does half phys/half fire when he's on fire (it's pretty obvious when he is), and the tentacle miscreations that spawn after the spike rain boss dies also do half/half phys and fire, and killing the dual striker makes unrighteous fire adds spawn, so I wouldn't neglect fire resistance. The chaos damage from the cyclone boss is fairly avoidable so I wouldn't get too stressed about stacking chaos res, at least for normal Atziri.

As for which one to do last, it's kind of build dependent. Killing the spike rain boss spawns tentacle miscreations, the dual striker spawns unrighteous fire adds, the cycloner spawns whipping (vulnerability) miscreations. The key element to the equation is what boss isn't going to gib you if you leave it for last.

Block builds tend to struggle with the cyclone boss because they can't block the chaos degen or corrupting blood stacks once they've been applied (when left for last he deals 8 stacks in a single hit).

The spike rain boss deals insane damage unless you can chain immortal call, in which case she does nothing. Havoc eventually decided that she was the best one to kill last for most melee builds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sczp3FJLXvA.

The dual striker goes permanently into fire form if left last, and basically demands the usage of "the anvil" unique amulet or aegis aurora and gratuitous usage of ruby flasks to return life/es on block.
i could actually face tank the dual striker as last boss using rise of the phoenix and lvl 19 AA (non block build self cast arcer).

For me the phys rainer is first (my build had trouble with burst phys), then cycloner becuase i have trouble seeing that degen.i tried saving the lady for last, but it was impossibe to see where the rain was, i mean it looked like it was litarally everywhere.
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info