Magic Find Affixes 2.0

So I'm sure i"m not the only one that finds 'just' having Increased Item Rarity after the removal Item Quantity mods a little disappointing.

Say what you want about GGG's removal of IIQ, but its probably going to stay this way.

However, I don't think it has to. I think we can still have interesting "MF" stats that aren't simply "More stuff" or "More rare stuff"

A couple ideas

Increased Item links % (better chance of finding fully linked items)
Increased Item Sockets % (Increases chance of finding items with max sockets)
Increased Item Quality (Literally finding items with quality, aka "Superior such and such" more often)
Possibly even "Increased Strength Items found" as a stat, (then dex, and int) so people might be able to try and farm particular base items.

It could even be as simple as reinstating IIQ as
Increased Quantity of Jewelry
Increased Quantity of Weapons
Increased Quantity of Armor
(not currency though)

A couple possibly more risky possibilities would be
Increased Pack Size % on items, which might be dangerously close to "increased Experience gain" but does a similar thing to IIQ without being IIQ.

Also, "Increased Monster quality" in general. Meaning you find more blues and rares, in theory. Obviously runs into similar problems, but could be interesting.

Some of these affix ideas might be better suited on specific uniques, and i'm not sure how hard some might be to implement.

Any thoughts on a more complex revisiting of Magic Find in PoE?
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I love the idea of

"

Increased Pack Size % on items, [...]
"Increased Monster quality"

Its a way better mechanism than just increasing the dropped loot...

IGN: Surak Methred Wrathclaws Boxender_Gladiator Dunkler_Beschwörer Lady_Discharge
"
Milchut wrote:

A couple ideas

Increased Item links % (better chance of finding fully linked items)
Increased Item Sockets % (Increases chance of finding items with max sockets)
Increased Item Quality (Literally finding items with quality, aka "Superior such and such" more often)
Possibly even "Increased Strength Items found" as a stat, (then dex, and int) so people might be able to try and farm particular base items.

Those I like.
Shameless self bump.

This is a money idea. Granulate the magic find and make it more specialized. It creates more meaningful itemization decisions.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Jul 31, 2014, 5:50:10 AM
i like the idea of bigger and better mobs. its "earned" MF
IGN: Surak Methred Wrathclaws Boxender_Gladiator Dunkler_Beschwörer Lady_Discharge
Great ideas.

These could be map or strong box mods certainly.

Not sure about gear... but these might be uniuqes, such as unique rings or amulets.

One idea if it's in the regular affix pool:

Of Giving
~ Increases chances of receiving an item of the same equipment slot by 7-15%

Now you can have a belt of giving get you more belts... and perhaps you might then not want this affix on other gear slots.
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Jul 31, 2014, 3:06:52 PM
For people not interested in very specialized magic find mods and do not build for it, these mods will just be more chance for an unwanted roll and might result in lots of complaints.

If any I would like magic find to be simple, not too specialized like around sockets and links...
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 31, 2014, 5:31:24 PM
I was thinking these would go into the regular affix pool, but I definitely hear the potential for complaints, especially when it's competing with things like Reduced Attribute reqs and Light Radius and even more stuff that people don't really want.

On one hand, maybe these could be relegated to Jewelry affixes to help combat that, but on the other hand, the question then becomes how noticeable they'd be when/if you even stack them up to the max on just your jewelry with nothing else granting any.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info