Cartographer strongbox

This is crazy. Today, once again I find cartographer strongbox on the map level 67. So I tried to use alternations to reach satisfactory modifier. After several attempts reached the "+5 level". Correctly counting should get even one map level 72 meanwhile dropped by only one map level 66 but I think it's a bug because it says +5 level not "chance to +5 level".
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
check the maps itemlevel, it will have itemlevel 72.

the box affix "+level" only affects the items itemlevel.

in order to get a 72-map the map needs to be itemlevel 72 (rare/unique monsters in lvl 70 maps, blue monsters in lvl 71 maps and white monsters in lvl 72 maps or for example strongboxes with +5 level in 67 maps)

a map with itemlevel 72 can have any level from 66 to 72.

(note: Maps > 66 can only drop in other maps, even though you can find cartos in the upper sceptre of got (68) you cant find maps that high there)

-> it's not a bug, its bad luck
IGN @Darwinator - Alternatively PM me
Last edited by LaV on Jul 28, 2014, 12:57:41 PM
You have right. Map 66 level and item level 66.
I still say that it is stupid. Map of ilvl 72 should have a lower limit.
"
iX7 wrote:

if you are playing in a map, a carto box mod "+ 5 level" should drop maps 5 levels higher than the level of your current map instance.

cartographer boxes outside maps can only drop level 66 maps even if you roll "+ x level" on them.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
"
iX7 wrote:

if you are playing in a map, a carto box mod "+ 5 level" should drop maps up to 5 levels higher than the level of your current map instance.

cartographer boxes outside maps can only drop level 66 maps even if you roll "+ x level" on them.
Fixed your post to clear up confusion.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
"
geradon wrote:
"
iX7 wrote:

if you are playing in a map, a carto box mod "+ 5 level" should drop maps up to 5 levels higher than the level of your current map instance.

Fixed your post to clear up confusion.

oh, yes. thx.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info