I want to Stab Things!

Idea for build

My Idea: Dual Striking, Splashing, Multistriking Crit Monster Dagger Witch. Probably:

DS main Attack
Whirling Blades for Movement
CWDT: Enfeeble - Decoy Totem - Devouring Totem (I like Dev Totem on CWDT. Clears the area, provides a little leech, and keeps the necros from overwhelming me.
Auras: Will probably run multiple auras, on RM, and use what I need when I need it.

Will it work?

I have no idea. But, I'd love to get ideas from people on what they think.

Build Stipulations:

It obviously, must be a witch.
It must, be a Crit based Dual Wield Dagger build.
It cannot be CI.

Why I took what I did:
EB + MoM is a combo I've never tried. I'm interested to try it.
IR means I can run AR / ES gear, or ES / EV gear, and it all goes to the same defensive stat. I'm not opposed to dropping IR at some point, if I can get my EV up high enough.

Problems I have with the current iteration: Accuracy. Is 250 Dex, + Accuracy from gear going to be enough? Do I have enough AR / EV passives to survive a hit?
and my question is:
why not start shadow? What does the witch start give you that makes you think it's advantageous to start witch?

Also, most crit dagger builds get the crit nodes under mind drinker as well as Adder's Touch.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Jul 28, 2014, 11:27:50 AM
I know nothing about dagger builds, but I'm pretty sure you don't want to link both decoy totem AND devouring totem to CwDT ;)
Also, starting shadow seems like a better idea like KuteKitteh suggested.
To learn is to live...
Why Witch?
Because I've done the Shadow Dagger thing. Killed Dominus in Cruel, hit merc, and fell flat on my face. I was trying CI Daggers. And Since I don't have any plans to play in the new leagues (unless they just blow my mind) I have a boatload of stuff in Standard already, so I can just use that stuff as a I level, and just... have some fun. That would probably be the big thing. I want to do something that's not common. Because I'm really kind of bored with the game.

What does Witch Offer?
Nothing that the Shadow doesn't, you're right about that. Sort of like taking ElE Buzzsaw from Scion / Ranger / Shadow starting points. I'm sure there are subtle differences, but really in the end it's preference. And I just want a melee witch.

Yeah, I'm not sure why I said Decoy Totem. That's not what I was intending. Should be: CWDT: Enfeeble - Devouring Totem - Enduring Cry

"
KuteKitteh wrote:
and my question is:
why not start shadow? What does the witch start give you that makes you think it's advantageous to start witch?

Also, most crit dagger builds get the crit nodes under mind drinker as well as Adder's Touch.

Also, as you can see from the build, it's not even remotely a complete build. It's into the 70's. Fleshing out the paths. After that, I should be able to go back and get the points under Mind Drinker for more crit.

I'm on the fence about Adder's Touch. With my Crit Shadow, I was woefully underwhelmed by adder's touch.
If you want to go dual wield, id go Ungil's gauche leveling, use wrath and anger to sustain daggers. Might even keep elemental dmg for the build, since they give block meaning you have to pick up slightly less life.

Doesnt matter if you use GG daggers or ungil's gauche, pick up Dervish for good block and twin terrors for crit chance. Also im not so fond of flaying, rather just pick assasination and adder's touch. The phys dmg only scales so far so well and unless you dont level your DS gem, you should have enough from all the other nodes from the tree to scale it that way. the crit multi you get there is neglectable to say the least. I can say the same about stabbing comeback. just not an very efficient cluster. Ditch conditioning btw, why 3 nodes for just that node? Take Blinding speed instead.

For the traveling towards IR, for crit builds ive found myself traveling through the ranger area is more effective, by that i mean, try to pick up charisma, go for pressure points and travel from there further on. There are insane life nodes on the way, meaning you can ditch those inneffective ones from the top shadow area.

Ohh and please. Leave the witch start through the flask nodes and not some vanilla stat nodes. Please. They are so strong just on themselves, and I tend to even travel around for them 2 nodes. To be able to get them for free and not get them is a mistake.

This is what i recommend:

New tree

If you dont go for dual wield ungils gauche but for actual phys daggers, go for Blade barrier, twin terrors after. Block is severely underestimated by a lot of players, so try leveling with ungil's gauche for once and see how powerful it actually is. Also, the aura nodes are kind of obligatory: Use clarity (maybe even on life, depending on how it turns out to count down), Wrath and anger for leveling, Hatred and haste lategame. Use Discipline or Grace too if you can find an alpha's howl. I dont believe you can wear more than that tho. But then again, if you go EB, MoM you should go spellcaster instead. Good melee crit builds are more often CI or low life than life.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Thank you!

I was torn on the flask nodes. I know a lot of people take them for the MF flask, but I wasn't sure how could they would be for something not utilizing that flask.

For the time being, I plan on going from Ungil's to Mightflay to something mildly endgame ish. From what I've seen on daggers, the "top end" on them seems to start lower than most 1h'd weapons. I sold a 220 DPS Dagger back in Domination for 2 Ex, while buying my 275 DPS 1h'd axe in Ambush for just a few chaos, so I'll be looking out for well rolled daggers, as they seem to command a premium.
"
shoju wrote:
Thank you!

I was torn on the flask nodes. I know a lot of people take them for the MF flask, but I wasn't sure how could they would be for something not utilizing that flask.

For the time being, I plan on going from Ungil's to Mightflay to something mildly endgame ish. From what I've seen on daggers, the "top end" on them seems to start lower than most 1h'd weapons. I sold a 220 DPS Dagger back in Domination for 2 Ex, while buying my 275 DPS 1h'd axe in Ambush for just a few chaos, so I'll be looking out for well rolled daggers, as they seem to command a premium.

Pdps on a dagger is a lot more distracting than on axes. Calculate in that 500 crit multi is easy to get, as well as aroun 80-90% crit chance with daggers, so you need to consider the fact that they scale a lot easier. Dagger builds are expensive, yes. I also would test around a bit more with different dagger setups, like phys vs ele, ungils vs GG, etc etc. Its not lineair to dual wield daggers, since you already give up on a shield and the two daggers have to be quite similar to make it better than going shield :P.

For the flasks, they give 30% more life regen from flasks, but also granites with iron skin give not only 3900 armor, but also the 90-100% increased armor gets the 30% boost. Topaz, Sapphire and ruby's +max also is affected, meaning you get 13% max res instead of just 10%.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info