Rate my build

Hello, i'd like some advice and idea about my witch build.
I'm playing with a 2handed marauder buddy ( mix hp/dps, actually at the end of cruel and i don't know where to go on my build.

I use: arc-charge on crit-increased critical
ball lightning-LP-increased aoe for big packs
zombie-spectre-spell totem skelly for meat shield
clarity+(tempest shield or +resist element or energy shield)
and critical weakness as curse (help my buddy also)

Here is my build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABUIHYw5IES8RlhOeJ6ksnC0fL2874T1fQZZEq0yzUDBSU1WuVytd8l8qY0Nr220ZcFJwu3DVc1N2EX4zfll_xoIQiEKIa4w2j6ado6KjpJGnK66ztvfAUcBUwbTBxcHzw23ZE9te37Di9-OE5Ozr5OwY8h3y4fyr

The idea is to stack shock to help the party and minions
Tring to support with aura (i hardly can sustain 2 auras)
Get 5 power charges for more crit chance and + cast speed.

I have mana problems, mediocre survability ( 700hp/700ES), and i think i sacrifice to much on going crit with weapons and build, arc being only 4% base.

my ideas is to go summoner+ shock stack + aura with curses( maybe hex master) and ignore crit
Or stay on crit build and improve power charges and survability.
What you think?

1. Crit is not effective until higher levels and stronger gear.
2. Unless you have Static Blows + elemental proliferation, shock is pretty moot
3. Unless you go full summoner, zombies are very, very weak.
4. This is waaaaaayyy too squishy.

Solution 1 - self-caster mode
1. Ditch crit
2. Don't focus on your zombies' DPS, they're just meatshields unless you fully invest in their DPS. Worry about your own DPS.
3. Get Eldrich battery for your mana problems.
4. Go life-based and grab a ton of health nodes.

Here's a sample 62-point tree.

Solution 2 - summoner mode
1. Ditch crit
2. Just use Arc + Faster casting + elemental proliferation for shocks
3. Ramp up your zombies' speed
4. Go life-based, since ES-based summoner needs a good bit of money to execute.

In all honesty, both of these options are outside of your tree respec range. You would have to start a new character.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
In addition to the above:

If you do want to stay with your current character within respec possibilities:

Storm call or Spark are good options. Spark is a good crit skill, albeit a very clunky skill, storm call just fits everything apart from the crit nodes, but is a bit more experienced based skill, in the sense that, its not a beginner skill. Many people have dismissed the skill due to that but its a very strong skill nonetheless.

For spark this is what I'd switch up to:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABUIHYwj0DkgRlhOeJDwnqSycLR8vbzGIPV9BlkSrSVFMs1AwUlNVrlcrWm1d8l8qYqxjQ20ZcFJwu3DVc1N2EXkDfjN-WX_GghCIQow2j6ado52qoqOkkadcrrPAUcBUwbTBxcHz1p3ZE9te37DjhOTs6-TyHfyr

Get some life on gear, switch ES gear around for Armor/evasion gear if similar, if not pick the one with better stats. For spark links you can use are:

Spark - Added lightning/lightning penetration - Pcoc - Fork

For storm call: Take a look at the EB-MoM version http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/980032

Its more to get an idea of the skill than using the same tree. Since you went in the shadow area you get a bit more deeps than sustain, but maybe you can work something out there
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Last edited by leary93 on Jul 28, 2014, 1:28:42 PM
Tx for answers. I' d like to stick with my build with some changes later with respe point.
My Damage output and party utility is good, i just need to raise my survability.
Having high intel and es node i m thinking about focusing on Es , maybe CI when i ll have enough, i could use cold snap also... and maybe improve minions hp...
I can ' t take battery my hp being to low.
i m thinking about ice spear to power charge up with his high crit then switch to lighning spells.
i wonder what's best spell-support for mono target, arc being not efficient, maybe storm call for mono.
And for multitarget: ball vs arc which is best?
qame for my totem skelly, arc, decoy?
There's so much options hard to choose.

Another question : arc has 50% Damage effectiveness, ball 30%. Does it reduce all bonuses from support gem, template and +spell damage from equipement?
Last edited by Aoudess on Jul 28, 2014, 11:30:22 PM
"
Aoudess wrote:
Tx for answers. I' d like to stick with my build with some changes later with respe point.
My Damage output and party utility is good, i just need to raise my survability.
Having high intel and es node i m thinking about focusing on Es , maybe CI when i ll have enough, i could use cold snap also... and maybe improve minions hp...
I can ' t take battery my hp being to low.
i m thinking about ice spear to power charge up with his high crit then switch to lighning spells.
i wonder what's best spell-support for mono target, arc being not efficient, maybe storm call for mono.
And for multitarget: ball vs arc which is best?
qame for my totem skelly, arc, decoy?
There's so much options hard to choose.

Another question : arc has 50% Damage effectiveness, ball 30%. Does it reduce all bonuses from support gem, template and +spell damage from equipement?

You talk about starting to use more skills, but i recommend actually cutting down on the amount of skills you are using, because its too much micro-managing for too little benefit.

For Party viability: This will change in maps if you dont focus your skill priorities.

For the damage effectiveness, this doesnt affect anything apart from flat added dmg, like the Added lightning support gem. % bonusses stay the way they are.

Multi target: Arc over ball lightning, since its better for adding shocks and doing overall dmg on decent distance. For the totem, Choose whatever you feel you need.

As said before, lightning spells arent good for crit, since 4% is too hard to scale.

Only reason to go crit over going static blows (the nodes on the top left of the witch area for shock chance) is because it adds extra dmg, but unless the crit chance goes above 40% on a skill, Increased Critical damage (Critical strike multiplier nodes, etc) arent effective. To get a lightning skill above 40% you need a total of 900% increased critical strike chance. Given you can get only 350% of this from power charges you need a grand total of 550% from gear and the tree. To compare: On my storm caller i get 300% from gear, which is worth 3 exalts at least. Its more likely you can only pull 200% of as a beginning player, meaning you need 350% from the tree. This is very hard unless you go CI, but then again, I also go CI, but well, my full gear set is 30 Exalts+. Its needed tho, since even with that much investment I only have 4.4k ES, which on lvl 77, is marginal for CI, since CI doesnt get as much armor, regen etc that life does get.

My advice is:

Dont go CI unless you are sure you have GG gear for it

Dont go Crit Arc/Storm call/Ball lightning unless you go CI

Just pick up static blows and enjoy the shocks without having to worry about crit.

More numbers on crit and why I say 40%

Your base crit multiplier (the damage you do when you crit) is 150%. Meaning 10% crit chance basically gives an average 5% extra dmg.

If you get a 10% increased crit multi from the tree, the 150% is increased to 165%, since the 10% applies to the base 150%. This means that 100% increased crit multi raises your Critical strike multiplier to 300% meaning a critical strike will do triple the damage.

If you have an exact crit chance of 40%, 10% increased crit multi (the minimum crit multi increase you get in a node from the tree, essentially setting the baseline) will give you 15% extra Critical strike multiplier, doing a base 6% extra damage on average (15% x 40% = 6%)

6% is a low baseline for a damage node from the tree, but if you already pick up a lot of spell dmg from the tree, the 6% will scale in an ok way, since its multiplicative with the spell damage instead of adding more % spell damage (All increased spell, lightning and elemental dmg will just be added into one big number to be used as a modifier) , and math says, that multiplying 1.06*1.06 is better than 1.12 (really flat example of numbers), this btw, is also a reason, cast speed nodes, even tho only 4%, are really strong, since, they multiply your dmg, instead of adding onto the big pool of increased dmg.

In the core of these numbers, getting that 40% crit chance, will only just be justified by the increased critical strike multiplier you can get from the tree (this is based on a few of the strong nodes in the tree, combined with the gem that gives inc crit multi), but going higher than 40% gives you essentially a very strong way to scale your skill, since everything multiplies instead of simply adding on top of eachother.

Conclusion: Go crit if you can reach over 40% crit chance, stay away from it if you cant. Also, if it costs you too much input in nodes to get that 40%, dont do it either.

Last edited by leary93 on Jul 29, 2014, 12:24:26 AM
Yeah i see the point, i realised that too late. Actualy i could switch to cold with my 10 respe points and some regrets : Cheaper, scale better with crit, more defensive.
And for the cast speed vs add %damage, i also consider my mana pool/regen being often oom...
"
Aoudess wrote:
Yeah i see the point, i realised that too late. Actualy i could switch to cold with my 10 respe points and some regrets : Cheaper, scale better with crit, more defensive.
And for the cast speed vs add %damage, i also consider my mana pool/regen being often oom...

Get mana regen nodes, start running clarity, use mana pots if you still have problems.

Mana sustain is a big problem for spellcasters btw if you dont go Eldritch battery, on my CI char ive invested a serious amount of points already (the 40% from witch start, Mana geyser, Deep thoughts, Predistigation, Running clarity with inner force, influence and soon sovereignity up to, basically 8 points into pure mana regen, a lvl 19 Clarity in alpha's howl which makes 21 and 6 nodes into aura's. And im still using a mana flask. Given, 200 mana a second is a big burden, but you will come there soon too)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info