Budget Shadow ' Rurouni Kenshin ' Flicker Strike build

Cost = 1 to 2 ex
Build = Budget blood rage/Flicker strike

Nothing really that special here, just if people wants to play flicker strike cheaply then hopefully this should give you some idea.

My general idea was trying to imitate rurouni kenshin hence why I use a 2 handed sword.

This is a 'fun' build for me hence not going to min max it .

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4FLQW1DPIOSA-rES8RlhXwGtshYCHAI_Yk_SaVKaUshTY9Olg-z0CgR35KfU4qUUdVS1b6WhpaSFuvYEthIWHiZU1noG1sbXtuaXBSdO108XrvfPV9dYTZhO-HGYdqh3aIa4oijDaNfY2_kGydo52qpcunNKmUqn-quLMOtUi2Qbb3vea-p8APwFHApsDzxLjSTdN-1QDV-N0N44TnVOd07g7veu_w8-r5Y_yr_MX-uv-T

Tips about the build

1) Even though crit is low at 17.5% with critical weakness gem it pushes the crit to
over 20% and really help with killing thing quick ( doesn't one shot but doesn't need too)

2) Culling strike and the blood dancer attribute of additional damage when enemies at low life means clearing mobs is also very effective esp with melee splash.

3) corrupted skeleton gem and minion life gem on cotd provides good meat shield

4) I only spent 1 ex on the 2 handed sword and 4 chaos on a ring. No one uses 2 handed swords these days hence why I was able to get a 500 dps swoard for 1ex

5) when against a really hard boss/mob I use my secondary weapon ( bow ) to build frenzy charge

Thats about it.. This build at the moment can clear level 68 and 69 maps relativity easily which isn't too bad for level 72

Video : Merciless dock farming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne6ykFZ-TRc&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jul 28, 2014, 7:45:59 PM
SUPER BUDGET VERSION

Update : If you got really don't want to spend barely anything on this build, you can just get equipment with just hp and little resist whilst run a aura of elemental resist and spend an extra passive point on the 12 % elemental resist node near the dualist area.

Instead of running clarity link 'Warlord Mark' with your COTD and not critical weakness.
You should get enough mana leech from warlock mark to sustain your attack.
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jul 28, 2014, 3:36:07 PM
wouldnt use faster attaks with flicker. take pure dmg there since multistrike allready adds enuff speed and u need to deal as much dmg as possible to keep up ur charges
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
But he uses a reverse blade!
"
geraton98 wrote:

still

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
"
wouldnt use faster attaks with flicker. take pure dmg there since multistrike allready adds enuff speed and u need to deal as much dmg as possible to keep up ur charges

Its really hard getting 3R 2G on the armour. I could have bought a 5 linked sword for 2ex but i wanted to keep this build costing between 1 to 2 ex.

I like the extra speed even though I would agree with you melee damage would be better.
"
geraton98 wrote:

Rurouni Kenshin before he went all goody goody two shoes :P
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
"

Its really hard getting 3R 2G on the armour. I could have bought a 5 linked sword for 2ex but i wanted to keep this build costing between 1 to 2 ex.

I like the extra speed even though I would agree with you melee damage would be better.

ur current chest isnt really that good so u could invest some chaos in getting a 5L clean armour/eva hybrid and craft a better under 10chaos invest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info