charans monster? update: no it's not

Thought this dude rage quit anyways? Who cares...

[removed by support]
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Jul 28, 2014, 11:14:22 PM
"
mucker wrote:

It's not that I think you're an active QC employee or something, it is just that you've been around for even longer than me.

alpha tag is a relict from the time i played alpha (some months from the beginning of last year until i got my access removed for unknown reasons). since a year i play quite regularily in maps but enjoy a healthy social life outside games and networks.

last time i did the game from start was the months league but i always skip this quest.

i know the white beast exists but didn't recognize the knuckles behind the head.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Knightmare101 wrote:
Thought this dude rage quit anyways? Who cares...

[removed by support]

Oh is that why he quit? I thought that was merely the straw that broke the camel's back, and he had a metric tonne of other reasons that are discussed in a bunch of other threads, but you're probably right. Screw that guy.
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Jul 28, 2014, 11:14:34 PM
If you're talking about me regarding 'that guy', my quitting the game had nothing to do with snapshotting. Anyone who thinks that didn't read a word I said; my quitting was sad, not angry, and not a day goes by that I don't miss the game. Given the overall degradation in the quality of the posts on this forum these days, my surprise factor that people would pass judgment without reading the relevant material is *zero*. Not that it matters. It really was an internal matter between myself and the devs, because ultimately players are irrelevant when it comes to unavoidable collateral damage. The mistake was mine forgetting that. At any rate, fun factoid about alpha: there are some testers who only play/test alpha, which can be a surprisingly insular experience. Before I gained access, I held the same assumption that alpha testers were older/wiser/knew more...all that. I actually posted a picture of my monster once, in this very forum, on April the First. Most of the time, the new stuff of the game is here. Alpha gets the 'big' patches earlier, for testing, but the follow-up patches that 'correct' the course are typically here first. I'm fairly sure this isn't breaching NDA; it's basically common sense. Alpha's role is to bug-hunt and report crashes/problems. Playing on Live is much, much better, just as I have heard that GGG staff who want to play the game do so on Live rather than internal servers, since internally what they mostly have is bits and pieces but almost never the 'complete' product.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
^Man, please use some paragraphs, my eyes hurt. (I know I tend to do the same though, but at least edit it afterwards)

Weird... I dont remember your goodbye thread having much written in it... maybe I arrived too late and you edited it?

Anyway, you know you can't escape, you are here forever!
Oblivious
"
geradon wrote:
"
mucker wrote:
My mind is blown that you have an alpha tag and did not recognize that as something already in the game...

that's the problem with alpha tags: you always have to be right and know it all.

you want one?

Much more mysterious and cool than the "Moderator" tag.

Charan's monster already confirmed for adorable:
Spoiler
"
Disrupted wrote:
^Man, please use some paragraphs, my eyes hurt. (I know I tend to do the same though, but at least edit it afterwards)

Weird... I dont remember your goodbye thread having much written in it... maybe I arrived too late and you edited it?

Anyway, you know you can't escape, you are here forever!

I always use paragraphs. It's just that this time, I chose to use one.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I'm a little terrified to see what Charans monster is tbh, I think its gonna be the most loved or hated monster in the game no offense Charan but I have a feeling its gonna be one of the monsters you dont want to see in maps.

Charan will you be coming back to poe when ur monsters finally put in the game or when a new skill catches ur attention? I only ask because you were one of the few people whos been around for as long as I can remember and was also a welcome face on the forums. Well either way Charan stay safe and enjoy life.
Last edited by twistedforce on Jul 29, 2014, 4:35:30 AM
"
Charan wrote:
It really was an internal matter between myself and the devs, because ultimately players are irrelevant when it comes to unavoidable collateral damage. The mistake was mine forgetting that.

as far as i understood ggg, they absolutely wanted their personal dreams realized in their game. if they allowed players (and supporters) too much influence over basic game decisions they could as well have taken a publisher who talks them into things.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
If we saw anything today, it's who GGG really answers to, and it's not the big supporters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info