Dear GGG Team i have got a special request.

Dear GGG team,

first of all i want to thank you for this very good and nice game.
I would like to create a service which is like poe.xyz.is but i dont want to be a clone of this one, i just want to create a platform which enable to trade orbs in easy and fast way.

For that i would like to "crawl" your trade forum, so i already started to create my code for this and i realized that after some request you site do not response, but somehow poe.xyz.is guy also manage this, so the question is: do i need any "ok" from your site?
Cause if my hoster will be blocked after some requests it makes no sense to crawl the forums thread for me. Not sure if i'm right here in this section.

Thanks!
March last year, xyz.is triggered DoS protection with its spidering:

"
xyz wrote:
"
Ultralisk153 wrote:
Is there a TL;DR on what happened? or just blacklisted and no more info.

My assumption is that after another update (I made it run twice more indexing threads ^^) it triggered some DoS protection which banned my server's IP (that's valid, it was generating hell lot of traffic, like 40 GB per day I think). The problem is that ban is still not lifted and support doesn't answer me. I'm not blaming GGG staff for banning me, they probably don't even know about this case. Oh, also, there are no limits specified so I have no idea how much I'm allowed to use. Sad.

"
Chris wrote:
I'm at GDC so I haven't heard what happened here specifically but my understanding was that there was a big increase in spidering traffic via our CDN so we had to block it because it was hurting the site performance.

We have nothing against the service, but if the site runs into problems we have to stop what is causing it. It's the weekend in NZ currently so our networking guys may be slow to sort this out.

I am sure it'll be resolved properly.

Edit: when our network guys put the block in place, they had no idea what service it corresponded to, just that it needed to stop hammering us immediately. I'll mail them about it now.

"
Chris wrote:
I wasn't involved in blacklisting it, but the server guys had no idea who to warn. When someone attacks the site, we block it immediately so other people can keep using the site (not that this was technically an attack, but it sure worked as one).

I expect we'll have it back up again soon!

"
xyz wrote:
All problems with indexing should be resolved by now.

I hope this helps you.
Last edited by ionface on Jul 27, 2014, 10:36:14 PM
Seems like GGG dont really care mabye i will create tarding site without crawl Forums.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info