I am going to attempt to beat Standard with some very, very stupid rules.

"
SirSid wrote:

@therospherae

Dark souls was not hard , it was not hard at all. also i personaly found it the most over hyped game iv played in years , evrey 1 saying it's so hard and great , i felt it was shit and easy. Go ahead and flame me if you want guys but that game was ballz .

The statement was meant be a short example of the sentiment that difficulty and risk of death aren't equivalent; that you can have a hard game wherein dying barely matters, and an easy game where dying can screw you over completely.
The Adventures of Kevin, Part II

Kevin's Diary

I returned to town after slaying the Brute, and was rewarded with a Glacial Cascade gem, and information about the next point in my journey: Siren's Cove, reportedly home to a sailor-murdering siren by the name of Merveil, mother of the squids I had encountered in a cave on my way to the prison. On the way, I stumbled into another cove, and found a young girl - dead, of course, like almost everything on this continent - huddled around a lantern. I later found via conversation with a stranded Captain Fairgraves that this lantern was "his Allflame." He then attempted to kill me over it; I still don't understand why. Regardless, he paid for the attempt with his life. Upon hearing that the esteemed Fairgraves had died, Bestel gave me a book of his scribblings. Quite kind of him, for an insane man.

I progressed toward the Cave, slaying more and more of the Siren's children. I still wonder exactly how the Siren managed to birth this many monsters - they seem to be almost pouring out of the walls. Some of them, larger than the others, would summon others who would explode with no regard for themselves; a destructive strategy, to be sure.

Eventually I made my way to the lair of the Siren, guided by images she seemed to be projecting to me. A shame for her that I am no mere sailor, and that I had no interest in her riches; if I did, I would likely have lost my life while scrambling for all the gold in her lair. Instead, I slayed the Siren, only for her to reveal her actual form and summon a horde of her children. But I am not swayed by hordes, and neither am I swayed by the song of sirens; the monster lies dead in her cove, and a door to a nearby forest has opened.

A change of scenery should be nice.

Meta Info

Current Level: 15
Current Gear

Dealt with the latter half of act 1. It's still pretty easy, although Merveil's first form tanked a surprising number of Storm Calls.
Last edited by TherosPherae on Jul 28, 2014, 3:43:20 AM
Last edited by Illviljan on Jul 28, 2014, 1:32:56 AM
"
TherosPherae wrote:

Also, credit where it's due, this is not my idea. It's been done by RaizQT before (in Nemesis no less!), whose progress is documented in this thread as well as his Twitch history, and NotRegret, whose adventures are documented in this thread.

Let the games begin!

"
Illviljan wrote:

I think you missed part of the original post :)
kiwi nation
I did miss it. It sounded like such a groundbreaking idea in his writing that i thought he had missed those stories.
Good luck anyway.
Another quality BLoW thread.
Keep this up.
Another quality ZAP! post.
So much hate in this thread...

Sounds like fun! Really enjoying the little stories too!
Any chance you could edit those into the first post? That way one wouldn't have to go through each page of comments.

Good luck for the rest of the challenge :)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Enjoyed your diary format, will be eager to keep up with your adventures!

Last edited by kasub on Jul 28, 2014, 2:42:59 AM
"
So much hate in this thread...

Sounds like fun! Really enjoying the little stories too!
Any chance you could edit those into the first post? That way one wouldn't have to go through each page of comments.

Good luck for the rest of the challenge :)

Good idea, I'll do that.
"
TherosPherae wrote:

Good idea, I'll do that.

Good stuff! Once you hit the character limit in the first post, you could continue with the story in a comment and leave a link to this comment in the first post. (like this guy: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/698071). Have you decided on a final skill yet?

"
He then attempted to kill me over it; I still don't understand why.

so true :D

"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Jul 28, 2014, 4:43:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info