I am going to attempt to beat Standard with some very, very stupid rules.

Wow, you're going to try to beat a game you can't lose with arbitrary rules rather than just playing on the designated hard mode where death has actual consequences instead of fake ones.

This is so not impressive you probably don't even understand how foolish you look.
"
Brelm wrote:
Wow, you're going to try to beat a game you can't lose with arbitrary rules rather than just playing on the designated hard mode where death has actual consequences instead of fake ones.

This is so not impressive you probably don't even understand how foolish you look.

He's doing it for fun, not to prove anything.

Goodluck OP.
Last edited by Wubbietail on Jul 27, 2014, 9:39:05 PM
"
Brelm wrote:

Precisely the sort of post that makes this community look hostile, elitist and uninviting.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Brelm wrote:

Whoa why would you throw a comment like this here is beyond me. Can't people have fun in their own way? If you don't like it, it doesn't mean OP is not going to enjoy it and others might want to see how it goes for him, myself icluded.

Enough of that.
This looks like fun, personaly I would not go for it ATM, maybe another time to see how I can handle something like this. I will be stalking your diary tho because I really enjoy these stories. WHen I read something like this, I don't see it through the "games camera" I see it through the characters eyes, that makes it that much more enjoyable.
I wish you good luck! Hope you don't struggle too much.

And is your goal to beat Dominus merci? Or do you want to try maps too? Since you mentioned end-game, I imagine you want to give maps a go to see how it goes.
kiwi nation
"
Wubbietail wrote:
"
Brelm wrote:

He's doing it for fun, not to prove anything.

Goodluck OP.
If he's not doing it to prove anything then he wouldn't post about it here, champ.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
3 should include self-found rares. The game won't be playable without them.

Not true the game was aready beat with blue items only , including dom kill , in nemisis ladder ( hardcore mode )

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/698071/page/1 hear yha go , probley some good info in hear for you as well OP . Good luck and have fun ;)
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
Last edited by SirSid on Jul 27, 2014, 10:29:16 PM
"
SirSid wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
3 should include self-found rares. The game won't be playable without them.

Not true the game was aready beat with blue items only , including dom kill , in nemisis ladder ( hardcore mode )

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/698071/page/1 hear yha go , probley some good info in hear for you as well OP . Good luck and have fun ;)

That was far from self found. The blues that player used were very specifically bought, top tier equipment. He farmed orbs and purchased his way through. Still a pretty great accomplishment though.

Have fun in your quest, Theros. I know you'll find a much different experience this time around. Hope it's enjoyable! :)

It would actually be interesting to do this with all seven characters to experience the difference between class gem rewards. I did a self found duelist in the 1 month that died today, attempting a variation of the molten strike build I usually do as a marauder. No reduced mana gem at all, no blood magic gem until merciless... it sucked.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
Brelm wrote:

Wow, I'm going to try to beat a game which is difficult to lose in such a way that makes losing much easier because the designated hard mode has a tendency to punish me not for a lack of skill or for a lack of planning, but because my ISP decided to be a dick and drop me out for a minute or two.

You can't really lose Dark Souls; that doesn't mean it's not rock-hard.

I know it's not impressive to the HC crowd - there's pretty much nothing in softcore that is - but I don't care that it's not impressive to the HC crowd. It's meant to A, provide an interesting way to play the game without the risk of massive loss from factors beyond my control, and B, show that the game is, in fact, playable without trading to a certain extent - something which I think very much needs to be shown, given how much bitching there is about trading.

Your post isn't half as clever as you think it is.

"
Kujar3 wrote:

And is your goal to beat Dominus merci? Or do you want to try maps too? Since you mentioned end-game, I imagine you want to give maps a go to see how it goes.

The goal is to push as far as I can. If that includes maps, so be it.

"
mucker wrote:
It would actually be interesting to do this with all seven characters to experience the difference between class gem rewards. I did a self found duelist in the 1 month that died today, attempting a variation of the molten strike build I usually do as a marauder. No reduced mana gem at all, no blood magic gem until merciless... it sucked.

I imagine that while that'd be really interesting, the INT and DEX characters would suffer pretty hard because of how powerful auras are right now, and not being able to run RM drops at least one aura.

Also, I refuse to play Scions for various personal reasons, so I'd probably stick to the original 6. Still a good concept that I might play around with. :D
@ Grant_M

Yha was just pointing out that using all blues is posible in a HC mode setting. FYI it can be done in self found, would just take longer since you will have to roll all your gear

@therospherae

Dark souls was not hard , it was not hard at all. also i personaly found it the most over hyped game iv played in years , evrey 1 saying it's so hard and great , i felt it was shit and easy. Go ahead and flame me if you want guys but that game was ballz .
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
Last edited by SirSid on Jul 27, 2014, 11:49:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info