American Psycho

Why do people not grasp the concept of mistaken identity? Whenever i read about the movie its quite clear to me people didnt understand any of it at all and only saw a simple slasher movie at first and then a "it was all in his head" solution at the end which wasnt the case at all.

People say the scene with Bateman and his lawyer and his lawyer telling him he had dinner with Paul in London that this was the proof Paul Owen didnt get murdered by Patrick at all and its all imaginary.

People are always being mistaken for others as even Bateman gets called Halberstram by People so is it really surprising that Paul might be dead and that the lawyer saw someone else who he thought was Paul Owen?

As soon as you play the "ill in the head" card, everything you've been shown can be questioned. Did this scene really happen, is that scene real or imagined? Was it Patrick's delusion or fantasy in other parts?

If you lie or misdirect the audience so much, the concept of a definitive ending might be something that will NEVER happen.
Then it's really just in the eye of the beholder. Which I am perfectly comfortable with.

I think a lot more can be gleaned from the book, but I've never gotten to it unfortunately.
Fuck movies!
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
I think it's a mistake to declare what American Psycho is 'about'.

Also, didn't we already have this thread? And wasn't it just as uninteresting the first time?
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I don't think that it matters if Bateman did ,or did not commit the murders,same as the ending of inception where it is not important if the top will sto spinning or not.The movie was a critique of western capitalism,that can result in large scale deaths and or insanity
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
...lol.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Poutsos wrote:
I don't think that it matters if Bateman did ,or did not commit the murders,same as the ending of inception where it is not important if the top will sto spinning or not.The movie was a critique of western capitalism,that can result in large scale deaths and or insanity

Did you just blame capitalism for insanity and murder???

"

Did you just blame capitalism for insanity and murder???

What world do you live in? Money is the number one reason for war or homicide.

ps. i spent 10 minutes looking for some statistics to no avail. Apparently the authorities dont like to disclose such things about homicide. As for war, i doubt any country has ever honestly admitted the true motivations behind a declaration of war while not under attack. The truth is always the first casualty.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Jul 28, 2014, 8:24:17 AM
I find it extremely ironic that your name is right under the title of this thread, "American Psycho". Think about that.
"
FusionReactor wrote:
I find it extremely ironic that your name is right under the title of this thread, "American Psycho". Think about that.

Says the guy who has a grudge on Acti Blizz and posts that stuff here instead of on their forum. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info