glacial cascade theory

so I know from reading forums that the overall census is that it is not an amazing skill, my question to the community is what about the possibilities of using a cookie cutter FP crit build combined with taryen's shiver and pyre sapphire ring? (unless I am wrong I believe you would be able to still freeze with taryen's shiver even though all damage will be converted to fire please correct me if I am wrong). you could also pick up extra fire damage nodes as well as elemental damage nodes would have double effect( I think) please tell me your thoughts on this
You wouldn't freeze since you can normally only freeze with cold damage, and you'd be doing no cold damage.

The exception to this is if you're wearing the Three Dragons helmet, which can make your lightning damage freeze.
I was more referring to the 8% freeze chance with taryn's shivers staff. it says 8% chance to freeze, doesn't specify with cold damage or not
"
estacadask8er wrote:
I was more referring to the 8% freeze chance with taryn's shivers staff. it says 8% chance to freeze, doesn't specify with cold damage or not

Only cold damage can freeze though, unless modified by a special item effect.
also you deal x cold damage and 0 fire damage, that is then increased by elemental damage mods, then the cold is converted to fire.

a 10% elemental damage node will give you 10% more elemental damage, not 20%.

also half of the skill is physical damage, which will not scale with elemental damage.

that is why the skill is considered bad right now, can't min-max physical and elemental damage on one skill.
"
estacadask8er wrote:

Only crits freeze/burn/shock. Anything that says +X% chance to freeze/burn/shock means that whatever can already do that has that chance to do it on non-crit.

It essentially means "Anything that would freeze on a crit also has an 8% chance to freeze on a non-crit". Since you're using pyre, you're doing no cold damage, and thus can't freeze.
Last edited by Bunnu on Jul 27, 2014, 3:22:03 PM
Glacial cascade is great, period. I have it on a leap slam with cast on melee kill and on 2 tri ele witches.
Link it with knockback, it's hilarious.
Try Glacial Cascade with Added Lightning Damage, Added Cold Damage, Crit Multi, Spell Echo and Knockback.
Then put on Pyre, skill Avatar of Fire and use Three Dragons helmet --> shockstack and knockback-rape everything. Best used with dual Cybill's Paw or dual Doryani's Catalyst :D
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
I've actually pulled some interesting numbers from GC... in fact, I've gotten it to actually beat out Ethereal Knives in damage. I'll need to run a few more tests but I may have a build coming up that actually makes good use of the skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info