Theorycraft Me a Disfavour Build

Looking to do a char with Disfavour - what do you guys think is the strongest way to exploit it's synergy with support gems?

- selfcast spell using Empower for crazy lvls?
- curse(s) with Enhance to reach ridiculous effectiveness?
- crazy high % blood rage with Enhance?? (seems sketchy using the Axe as a weapon tho)
- ???

Thanks in advance for any cool ideas. Char doesn't need to be godly or expensive, just looking to have fun with the pretty unique angle you get using the Axe.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
ghudda posted what is probably the coolest thing possible with

"
Curse on hit build. Level 4 enhance for best results.

Skill that hits (frenzy or cyclone or firestorm or something) - Curse on hit (23 quality for 11% stronger curses) - Temp Chains - Vulnerability - Level 4 Enhance (6 in axe) - melee physical/conc effect/faster casting

Here's the interesting thing. If you used cyclone you would hit with curses that would make the mob take 72% increased physical damage and move 72% slower (as opposed to 45%). The mobs may as well be stopped. Since frenzy and cyclone hit really fast (especially with a 60 quality frenzy) you'll likely proc the curses, and then hit again after they're applied so you'll get the damage boost for the hit from vulnerability (72% more damage) for the bleed effect, which will last for 10 instead of 5 seconds and do 40% extra damage from vulnerability. Should just be able to cyclone through white mobs and they'll die from the bleed... eventually. Offscreen because it took so long... Where you can't see the loot or get the exp from it. BUT THEY'LL BE DEAD I SAY!

I mean, probably not the most useful way to kill mobs but it's something. The mana cost wouldn't even be out of control at 31 mana a swing for frenzy (on a relatively slow weapon) and 61 per cyclone.

Could just use a 3 link heavy strike or leap slam with melee phys and melee on full life to hit rares after they're cursed with the cyclone. The bleed from that should also kill them... eventually. Even if they don't move the bleed is still hitting for 2.4 times the damage of the original hit, which is 72% stronger because of vulnerability. 9.8 times damage if they're moving. 17 times the damage if the mob was hit again after vulnerability was applied.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2aaxln/theorycraft_a_build_with_atziris_disfavour_vaal/citdj3n

he forgot a few multipliers too it seems so this might be even better than he theorized
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Jul 27, 2014, 12:42:47 PM
Frenzy for sure.

20% quality from gem itself + 40% from lvl 6 enhance = 60% quality

60% quality = 21% increased attack speed per frenzy charge

Lvl 20 frenzy: 12% phy damage per charge, 11% attack speed per charge

Totals to: 12% phy damage per charge, 32% increased attack speed per charge (LOL)

Seeing as today it's possible to rack up to 10 charges you are looking at 120% phy damage and 320% attack speed from them alone.

Seems like a winning option to me.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Mannoth wrote:
Frenzy for sure.

20% quality from gem itself + 40% from lvl 6 enhance = 60% quality

60% quality = 21% increased attack speed per frenzy charge

Lvl 20 frenzy: 12% phy damage per charge, 11% attack speed per charge

Totals to: 12% phy damage per charge, 32% increased attack speed per charge (LOL)

Seeing as today it's possible to rack up to 10 charges you are looking at 120% phy damage and 320% attack speed from them alone.

Seems like a winning option to me.

My thought exactly
You're all doing it wrong, what he needs to do is use this in 6l Disfavour: Cyclone, Enhance, Increased Area of Effect, Melee Phys Dmg, Melee Phys on Full Life, Concentrated Effect/Crit Multi

Then stack all sources of AoE and weapon range you can find:
- Master of the Arena node (+2)
- Daresso's Salute (+2)
- Atziri's Disfavour (7 base + 2 from affix + 2 from corruption^^)

- AoE nodes on passive tree (52%)
- Increased AoE 21/20 or 20/23 in Disfavour(46%)
- Cyclone 20/23 (23%)
- Enhance lvl 4 in Disfavour (40%)
- Carcass Jack (20%)
- Corrupted belt (6%)
[- Conc Effect (-30%)]

for a total of 15 weapon range * 2,87 = 43,05 weapon range (38,55 with Conc Effect) beginning from the edge of the character (Cyclone weapon range isn't from middle of character)

Now get the 2h crit cluster on the left side of the tree + some Power Charges, Abyssus (the damages!!) and Romira's Banquett.

--> Cycone whole screen, do absurd single hit dmg, occasionally crit and watch everything that survived die to bleed procs in <0.1s xD

The range gives huuuuuge survivability as you can just Cyclone out of enemies' reach while still hitting them. No need to target ever again, just click into the area and you will hit!

€: Thanks link, forgot corrupted belt. Remade the calculations :D
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
Last edited by Broliciously on Jul 27, 2014, 7:10:49 PM
Don't forget 6% corrupted AOE belt.

I would cry laughing seeing a full screen cyclone.
-incinerate
-4lvl enhance
-4lvl empower
-gmp
-faster projectiles
-knockback

moves the whole screen offscreen ;]
ING: Pan_Samolodzik
"
link1313 wrote:
Don't forget 6% corrupted AOE belt.

I would cry laughing seeing a full screen cyclone.

It looks hilarious. I tried it with Carcass Jack and only lvl 3 enhance, but it still hit stuff that was not even near my Cyclone. That being said, the most effective way to do Cyclone with this axe is just doing traditional Cyclone. Using Enhance and Increased AoE is cool and all, but your damage will suffer a ton. The extra AoE you get from the +2 weapon range is already a huge buff.
IGN: @AmbushedByDongers
Shop and mirror service: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/984191
lvl 95 Physical Crit Bow Gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1073300
The thing about self-cast spells is that unless you are specifically targeting quality with Enhance, a mirrored +1, +2 staff will always be better since you also get 100%+ spell damage, spell crit and all other good stuff.

That's my conclusion after trying to theorycraft a build around it for a while.

Anyway, here's my submission ->

Firestorm - Empower - Enhance - Increased Duration - Conc Effect - Fire Penetration

Use Fire Doryani for leech. Could consider crit as well but can't really exploit the burn mechanic since Firestorm is loads of small hits - this will still melt packs though and due to the INSANE quality bonus, the screen will be flooded with Fireballs.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
That cyclone setup but with Vaal cyclone for max awesomeness
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info